Sign in to follow this  
ryguy

The Armaverse!

lol That's pretty neat. Keep it up and add some more islands dude. Add some of the OFP and ArmA1 islands as well.

Namalsk is in the Bering Sea, while Panthera is in Slovenia. Or so say their creators. And star data from Chernarus places it near Moldova.

Yea, I would have done that... and I realize it's based off of CZ satellite data, but then it wouldn't quite go along with this map:

http://community.bistudio.com/wikidata/images/6/66/arma_2_island_locations.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 AM ----------

Alright, fixed most places :)

How do I add a pin to the map? Do I have to be logged in or something?

A certain finnish island made by a certain, nowdays a moderator in these forums springs into my mind. :bounce3:

Guys, the map is open for anyone to edit. It's like a wiki... you can add, move, or subtract as much as you want. :)

I added Krk as Everon, though im not sure where Everon is located according to its config files as i dont have OFP installed anymore.

Everon and the other ofp islands have their own latitude and longitude apart of the islands they were based on.

Clues as to the actual location of the Green Sea and Takistan can be found on the History of Takistan page at http://www.arma2.com/arma-2-oa-takistan/a-2-oa-history_en.html, where it is stated that Genghis Khan overran Takistan in 1219. In reality, Genghis Khan's movements would have placed him invading eastern Khwarezm, so it would seem that Takistan should be within a couple of hundred miles (probably east and a little north) of 42°47′00″N 68°17′00″E, the location of the ghost town Otrar on the Silk Road, that was destroyed by Genghis Khan in 1219.

Of course, this would mean that the Green Sea covers bits of Uzbekistan, Tajikstan, and Kyrgyzstan, and Chernarus would be north of the central Asian 'stans, and the Green Sea would somehow be accessible to the USN, necessitating a body of water connecting the Green Sea to the Indian Ocean 900 miles away. All of this, of course, would be rather hard to fit on any fictional map maintaining any resemblance to reality. Personally, I don't really try to fit the Armaversum into our current reality, and certainly not with Chernarus and Takistan being neighbours, because it really does not work too well.

If not for the stupid map putting them together, it would all work out perfectly.

Yea, to create a true "Armaverse" one would have to literally start off with an old map of the world and alter it. Possibly a mission for someone.