Sign in to follow this  
Inimical_rize

Slow is smooth, Smooth is steady.

The walking ironsight/scope animations need a LOT of work in OA. Not just the rifles, but the pistols tilting whenever you sidestep and ironsights flying all over the place when walking slowly...

After that, if I'm not mistaken the gun movement itself is tied to the animation of the soldier (unlike any other game, the gun movement is really following the soldier's animation in A2, it's not a "fake" movement not tied to what one see when the soldier's move).

These animations are made by recording real-time movement of a real guy. So they are pretty accurate, in my eyes, in that they are simple recording of a true human.

Now, maybe the guy was not moving correctly when they recorded :)

Issue is, these recording sessions, and transfert to animations, cost a lot of time and money. I'm afraid changing them will not happen in a patch

I don't think they used motion cap, and if they must have used some physically incapacitated people for that.

There are some dance animations, it does look like a person could have done it. But if they actually had such a person for motion capturing then why are all teh other animations bad compared to that one?

Looks like the engine can't handle multiple animations or multiple complex animations. Reloading while walking wasn't possible in OFP f.e.

When you reload, walk and change your stance there is always a slight delay where a person could do that smoother. The way you lean is also somewhat weird. I would never bend my hips in that way if i don't want to hurt myself. I would do a sidestep then lean.

Hi, there isn't any Mod or Addon that i know that reduce the erratic movement of the weapon's sights while walking slowly, much less while handling a pistol or side stepping; neither while walking slowly crouched. It's a known issue with the BIS games that forces you (sadly) to shoot always static and that also forces you (if you want to survive) to find a solid cover; as far as i know... this issue can't be solved. Let's C ya

I don't think you can mod the animations unless you add your own.

Sadly enough the game doesn't allow shooting on the move which is possible with not much effort. The movement of the model just isn't reduced like in RL where your legs act as shock absorbers.

I would never bend my hips in that way if i don't want to hurt myself. I would do a sidestep then lean.

Very true, if it is a motioncap of some one doing that,... i hope it's a female and can i have her number?

But agree allot of the motions are turd, leaning, crouched walking, it would be impossible to crouch walk as the animation does in Arma, if you look side on the players guy looks like he's sat on a chair,... it would be impossible to do more than 5 fluent steps like that. lol

I'd rather call that duck walk 2.0

Watch BH Down, they do that there afaik ( the 2 machine gunners ). Just faster and not that low. Keeps a low profile and you are still fast enough to not to be an easy target.

What I would like to see is much like the hold breath/aim right mouse button feature.

A key much like right mouse that you can hold while walking prone/looking through site that becomes far more stable and steady when you hold it down in those situations like holding your breath does with aim shake.

A "stabilise upper arm" key you can bind when held down, it does nothing else and only works when scoped / walking slow.

I think better would be to have sights up to act like it does in PR:BF2.It feels great when you come up to a corner and bring up sight and now you move very slow to peer around corner with aimpoint nice and steady.It was actually annoying when I first stumbled upon that as its very very slow but is much better in the end.The excessive movement can stay for hip firing.

Edited by Wolfstriked