Sign in to follow this  
floridiansr

inserting helicopters in the mission editor?

im tying to make own mission but everytin iput a choper in the feild it ha ai"s

in it what am i doin wrong ??:mad: i dont whant any ai lie everybody ls its tododoly holding me up ??

Edited by floridiansr

im dont under stand this pvp i dont whant to set it like pvp mabe something like the 7 calvery time set up got any other sugestions i just know wen i out choppers on the all have ai pilets in them cant i shut that of some how

When you create a unit in the editor, change the side to "Empty", select the chopper you want and you will have an empty helicopter without AI.

ok we i got pick sieds it give s me blue for aor opfor inepebdint or civilian

amiant life that it is whon

of those ???

ok we i got pick sieds it give s me blue for aor opfor inepebdint or civilian

amiant life that it is whone of those ???

You have to place the player unit first before it lets you choose empty.

ok stil workin on it thanks for your help arms 2 kicks ass man

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

Ok dude you rock i figured it out now the last question how can i get the little ai cpu icon to not show up like everybody elses servers at the log in screen ??

how can i get the little ai cpu icon to not show up like everybody elses servers at the log in screen ??

Write disabledAI=1; in the description.ext file in your mission folder (create the file if you don't have it). It will make player slots unavailable for AI. You can find your mission folders in My Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\Playername\missions

I have to applaud you Celery for taking this guy so seriously. If it weren't for the fact that your help seems to actually be helping him, I'd have just called him a troll. :rolleyes:

Honestly though, there's no way he's seriously that terrible at spelling/grammar, which means he's intentionally acting stupid (and against the forum rules at that).

I have to applaud you Celery for taking this guy so seriously. If it weren't for the fact that your help seems to actually be helping him, I'd have just called him a troll. :rolleyes:

Honestly though, there's no way he's seriously that terrible at spelling/grammar, which means he's intentionally acting stupid (and against the forum rules at that).

Celery was respecting the person and answering his or her questions in a nice way, you however are not showing any bit of respect. As corny as it sounds, don't judge a book by it's cover. What if floridiansr came back and read what you wrote about him?

;1696497']What if floridiansr came back and read what you wrote about him?

Then I'd direct him to a dictionary.

I don't know why you'd say I'm being disrespectful' date=' I was just pointing out that to me it looks like the guy is intentionally misspelling everything. If anything [i']that[/i]'s disrespectful, for the people to have to try to read it.

im dont under stand this pvp i dont whant to set it like pvp mabe something like the 7 calvery time set up got any other sugestions i just know wen i out choppers on the all have ai pilets in them cant i shut that of some how
Ok dude you rock i figured it out now the last question how can i get the little ai cpu icon to not show up like everybody elses servers at the log in screen ??

Notice the change? Am I to believe he suddenly learned how to spell correctly over the course of 3 hours?

All I'm saying is give the guy a chance before jumping to conclusions. There is no rule stating that you must have good grammar and spelling to make a post around here.

;1696764']All I'm saying is give the guy a chance before jumping to conclusions. There is no rule stating that you must have good grammar and spelling to make a post around here.

I do believe that §13 does apply.

§13) Write in English

Please write only in English on the public forums. Avoid writing in any other language or any kind of slang or txt speak since the majority of the members most likely won't understand. In private messages you are of course welcome to write in any language you wish.

§5 might apply here as well.

§5) No Spam

We deem spam as making a thread or posting a reply that has no real worth' date=' is irrelevant, useless and offers nothing to a discussion. Messages of banned members are also considered as spam. If your post/thread is not able to illicit or sustain an in depth conversation then it's spam. This also applies to other areas of the forums such as leaving visitor messages on people's profiles. Spam may be dealt with by post count reduction, PR and/or WL.[/quote']

Also, he did try, but this would also probably violate §22.

§22) Use descriptive thread titles

If you start a new thread, please make sure your thread title explains what you want without forcing people to read through your post first. Thread titles such as "How in the world do I...", "Need help!" or "Will we ever see..." are anything but descriptive. We do not allow these kind of titles and threads with such titles are subject to be closed.

Seeing as the thread starter appears to have magically grasped English, I would suggest that he take apparent some missions and look at them. It helped me, and it should help him. Also, he mentioned something about the 7CAV, i assume he is trying to get something off one of their missions to use.

Wouldn´t it be possible that he´s a dyslexic guy, and it somehow isn´t his fault?

I don´t know, but if someone is editing his own post and not fixing that amount of spelling/grammer issues, he really might be a dyslexic.

@floridiansr

That´s just a guess, if it isn´t so please care a littlie more about writing in a correct manner as we all are doing.

phfff, ludicrous. and what is phfff anyway. The last statement was more a question and I didn't even use a question mark. In other words if you haven't anything positive to say... why even waste your time.

Even though people are requested to write in engrish, there is no mention of it having to be grammatically correct... hurro? And anyway, I started a sentence with and, I was hoping to read a post about installin chopers.

wink wink nudge nudge i say what hOrnk!

Even though people are requested to write in engrish, there is no mention of it having to be grammatically correct... hurro?

Well maybe then the rules should be updated. It may not say so, but I have seen it enforced. Intentionally using bad spelling and grammar should not be acceptable IMO. Anyway, I don't think it'd be wise to continue discussion of it. It's starting to become a discussion about how the forums are moderated... :o

Please use proper English as much as possible at all times, if English is not your first language then it's very simple to use a spellchecker in Firefox and other browsers. The light not being bright is not a sufficient excuse for horrendously difficult to read posts :)

you guys are right im sorry iv got cancer and im on a lot of meds.pluse its realy dim in here. so say what you whant about me. just glad my 4 kids and 3 grand kids aint seein it but serusly i got one more problem how do i delete an entity that i made and went whrong book ses to put marker over it and hit delete it aint working i keep having to clear my whole map and that sucks srry if i pissed any body of realy im a cool dude

i meen no disrespect

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

oh i did and explaind at bottem

im starting to see what this game is all about

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

you guys are right im sorry iv got cancer and im on a lot of meds.pluse its realy dim in here. so say what you whant about me. just glad my 4 kids and 3 grand kids aint seein it but serusly i got one more problem how do i delete an entity that i made and went whrong book ses to put marker over it and hit delete it aint working i keep having to clear my whole map and that sucks srry if i pissed any body of realy im a cool dude

i meen no disrespect

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

i got you bro check me out at bottem damn seems i started a war over a stupid question ;-[

Nope, after calling me a "fuckin nigger lover", he doesn't have any more questions.

At least not here. :mad:

Yeah he's really a cool dude I see... too cool for these forums.

Edited by W0lle