Sign in to follow this  
Kydoimos

Creating a Flag Model

Hi all,

I was curious to know - how might one go about creating a custom flag, which reacts to the wind? I'm guessing maybe vertices in the memory lod act as pins? I really have no idea where to start. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks as always, for any help! Ever appreciated :P

Might be worth seeing what you can find in the ArmA2 sample models. I imagine that would provide you with at least one model to use as a base.

Hi all,

I was curious to know - how might one go about creating a custom flag, which reacts to the wind? I'm guessing maybe vertices in the memory lod act as pins? I really have no idea where to start. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks as always, for any help! Ever appreciated :P

I spent quite a lot of effort tearing into the A2 flags and trying to replicate one, but without luck.  I am continuing to dig into it.  Has anyone got an idea?  Can we get some dev help with this?  I need sails and banners.

@All - thanks chaps, I'll take a look at the A2 flags. Shame we don't have one in the A3 samples :)

@All - thanks chaps, I'll take a look at the A2 flags. Shame we don't have one in the A3 samples :)

I'll try to recall what I've done so far (it has been a while so I'll add to this as I remember).

I built a model flag, a copy of the one in A2 -- same number of verts, same size, etc.  Couldn't get it to animate.  It just stood stiff.

• Like 1