Sign in to follow this  
yevgeni89

Capraian Armed Forces

Hello, this is my first project really for Arma3 , and I decided to do my own take of the Capraian Armed Forces from Arma2 Arrowhead by Sakai.

Sticking reasonably close to the Capraian ArmaVerse ,this mod sets in after Capraia's Phyrric victory over Takistan in the last war aided by the Nogovan Armed Forces and Green Sea Defense Pact, the Republic of Capraia managed to keep it's sovereignty at the huge cost of men and material.

Several years later Capraia is still reeling, and it's economy is struggling to keep her afloat, the rest of the world has taken notice though and in light of the recent rise of CSAT and the dissolution of key Nato Members such as Italy and Germany.

France, the UK and the United States have poured in billions in aid and have gifted several new weapon and vehicle platforms in hopes of staving off a collapse or worse annexation of Capraia by a Hostile power.

What I have planned is initially Infantry followed by vehicles at a later date .

Capraian Army-Consists of paratroopers,armored forces and regular infantry, supported by the Capraian Army Air Wing.

Capraian Republican Guard-Tasked with everything from everyday policing to riots and responding to terrorist attacks.

Capraian Marine Corps- Capraia's expeditionary forces, consists of Infantry, light armor, and support by the Capraian Marine Air Wing.

Capraian Airforce- This will be fairly small, and strength wise will be around the same level as Ukraine's or Post Saddam Iraq

Capraian Home Guard- Formerly little more than militia's , Capraia realized the value of these units in the war, and their ferocity when defending their home towns and villages and thus so has made them into a semi-permanent force.

Teaser: Capraian_marine_zpshi9zqy06.png

Capraian_paratrooper_zpsmkv83bjt.png

Any help with config and texturing work is appreciated, even if someone can just get me gray scales.

• Like 3

Thanks I appreciate it, and the beret, the independent officer uniform, boonie and patrol cap, I just snagged the  independent helmet from there, vest I'm not too worried about as if all goes well I hope I can get permission for some I have in mind. 

I'm going take a look to your messages this evening when I'm at home ;)

• Like 1

Capraian_Desert_zpswfu318es.png

Alright sounds good let me know what you think, I made the old san marco pattern darker by the way and I got permission to use the Bg21 famas rifles off of steam from el tyranos.

Capraian_marine_darker_zpseb0dyfwd.png

• Like 1

Did some playing around in virtual arsenal, thanks to R0adki11 for helping me with my config, this is just a quick screenie and not the final product for the Capraian Marines.

2015-11-06_00002_zpsgc4ewjgk.jpg

2015-11-06_00001_zpsseotel6h.jpg

So rather big news I have permission to use CUP, this coupled with the permission I received from El Tyranos off of steam to use his BG21 famas rifles, this mod is shaping up quite nicely.

I have it planned that I will do the Capraian Armed Forces in packs, the first of which being the Capraian Marines, this will include Infantry,commandos,Air wing, and light armor.

• Like 1

Another quick update, I just got permission from grumpy rhino off of steam to use some of his helicopters from his huey pack, this takes care of all rotary wing aircraft for all branches/services of the Capraian Armed Forces.

I also received permission to use Craig's SP Pack, that being said I wanted to show off a quick preview of the Capraian paratroopers, which I have decided to use the FN FAL carbine for them , though that maybe subject to change if certain permissions are granted for the HKg3A4.

Last as always looking for any help in texturing or config work, it's just me and I'm very limited as I'm fairly new to this.

WuFUwo9.jpgvSG0cXw.jpg

• Like 2

Just something small , but it'll come in handy for the Capraian Army in winter.

S9uoIOV.jpg

Hey yevgeni,

I also picked up retexturing units and releasing my first addons just recently, but I am a bit behind your skills in knowledge (just tinkering around with BLUFOR templates and stock weapons). Nevertheless, would you like to cooperate?

I would love to, definitely private message me, I'm looking for all the help I can get and would love to brainstorm.

Just a quick update, I'm still going on with this mod, though maybe not at ideal speed as I'm still very new to modding and retexturing, but I recently just finished some helmets and vests for the desert troops and Capraian marines , and I plan to have a working config soon and to debut them hopefully with in a week.

• Like 2

New update , it's been in the talks for awhile, and I'm happy to say , Mathias_eichinger has come aboard and we have decided to do a Joint Capraian Armed Forces and Everon Defense Forces modification.

This is very exciting as it opens up my doors for creativity and gives us the chance to bring another faction into the Arma-Verse, that being said I also wanted to give everyone a current update as to what is currently on the table for us to use and as always we are always looking for help and welcome any and all suggestions.

Weapons- Massi's Nato_Rus Weapons, BG21 Famas by El Tyranos, CUP Weapons by CUP DEV Team, HLC Weapons-Toadie2k

Vehicles- Maxpro/Dash-RichardsD, Huey pack-Grumpy Rhino, CUP Vehicles-CUP DEV Team, F16C-Firewill

• Like 2

Alrighty guys I've been a little busy , but I wanted to show you a new image of the Capraian Marines, and the new official battle rifle, courtesy of Massi which will be featured as a dependency.

I also darkened up the camo, which looks great on maps like chernarus, and for some reason I don't know why the Capraian Marine Bdu's appear much lighter on startis or altis, perhaps maybe it's the lighting, however, here's what I have to show you.

I am currently playing around with adding new classes, and weaponry to the Marine branch, so stay tuned for more.

MRyFddI.jpgZZD8dp4.jpg

• Like 2