Sign in to follow this  
OutLord

Intel i7 / Gtx2xx - Crashes

I'm not registered there, I am having the same problems however.:(

Game will crash during game play. Has to be a memory problem of some sought as the longer I play the worse the game gets. If I start flying the problem is accelerated and I am guaranteed a crash to desktop within 10 minutes.

i7 920 + gtx285 + 3gb sysram.

same prob..

i7920 / N9600GT / 6 GB RAM / Win7 x64

Its not hard to register. They say god will only help those who help themselves.

Same problem here. I7-920 / GTX285 / 6Gb ram on Windows 7 Ultimate X64 using 191.07 WHQL driver. New windows 7 install.

Faulting application name: arma2.exe, version: 1.4.0.59026, time stamp: 0x4aa8af09

Faulting module name: arma2.exe, version: 1.4.0.59026, time stamp: 0x4aa8af09

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00618850

Faulting process id: 0xd10

Faulting application start time: 0x01ca485d63dcf654

Faulting application path: H:\ArmA 2\arma2.exe

Faulting module path: H:\ArmA 2\arma2.exe

Report Id: 66bcbc96-b452-11de-b1bc-002618a6eed1

Does the same shit with a QX9650 and SLi GTX285 with 8gb RAM , lowered in msconfig to 7gb to beat the texture problem. Just takes longer for the memory leak to gub the game with the extra RAM and flushing doesn't stop it happening.

Either freezes completely or drops out to desktop. ArmA.exe only shows up in the processes tab of the task manager too and not in the applications tab, it completely disappears out of there altogether. Can still hear it running through speakers as well but can't get back in.

Bit pish when you are doing okay in an MP game for a change. :(

i7 920, GTX 280, XP 32-bit (especially for Arma 2 on different partition). No crashes and problems whatsoever.

Why doesn't everyone post a bug report here!!! Please sign up for an account and post here! I have been having the same issue since the U.S. release came out and its driving me mad. My bug report is set to low priority now, need as many people as possible to post the bug reports to get this issue fixed. Please do so......

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cis/issues

Why doesn't everyone post a bug report here!!! Please sign up for an account and post here! I have been having the same issue since the U.S. release came out and its driving me mad. My bug report is set to low priority now, need as many people as possible to post the bug reports to get this issue fixed. Please do so......

That sucks. Would question myself is it even worth it for this game lol.

I guess this is the problem I get when setting the video memory to high/very high to get rid of the graphics corruption + crash caused by setting video memory to default.

Using a GTX 275 with 191.07 driver, I7-860, 6GB ram, Windows Vista 64bit. Using 1.04 patch of game.

Posting a bug report there now :)

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

Edit: Bugreport posted. You can find it here:http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/5050

I also voted on the other report.

i7 920 + GTX 285 on Windows XP Pro 32bit,,, i rarely get CTD's but when i do it's usally because of stupid scripting and too much action on the screen combined with to high video settings :)

That sucks. Would question myself is it even worth it for this game lol.

Its worth a shot since its about the only game I care to play and waited for it for years......complaining on the forums isn't going to get you anywhere. Atleast post a bug report and vote on the ones you want fixed.

Its worth a shot since its about the only game I care to play and waited for it for years......complaining on the forums isn't going to get you anywhere. Atleast post a bug report and vote on the ones you want fixed.

Complaining won't help, but BIS do listen to and implement user feedback on a regular basis.

A2 has improved dramatically since release and will only improve further.

Eth

Yep, same problem here. Happens on both single and multiplayer (both campaigns). My friend has a 4870 512mb and other older parts and his game never crashes. It is getting extremely annoying! Sometimes you can go for an hour, sometimes a few seconds. Most of the time the game crashes when it goes into "Saving Game".

I7 920 D0; 6GB Corsair Dominator 1600MHz; HAF 932; EVGA 260GTX Superclocked; P6T w/ onboard sound.

I reported the bug at the community tracker. The bugreport changed status to assigned today. Should see a fix quite soon i guess IF they can solve it :)

Yep, same problem here. Happens on both single and multiplayer (both campaigns). My friend has a 4870 512mb and other older parts and his game never crashes. It is getting extremely annoying! Sometimes you can go for an hour, sometimes a few seconds. Most of the time the game crashes when it goes into "Saving Game".

I7 920 D0; 6GB Corsair Dominator 1600MHz; HAF 932; EVGA 260GTX Superclocked; P6T w/ onboard sound.

OC'ing GPU/CPU could cause CTD's so try running at stock clock speed

Definitely gets worse with flying models on multiplayer .Im stable (gtx 260) with two planes in the air but more than that and ill crash after 5 mins (brother has gtx 275 and crashes are the same), Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 7C809823. Violation address is sometimes different.I really want to sort this out MAYBE A CARD SWITCH TO THAT OTHER MANUFACTURER IS DUE (Shame after investing in these cards for four years)

KELLYS HEROES CLAN [KH]matt. q8300 win xp

I just got the GTX275 and even though smoother gameplay i do see more CTD's now. I've ordered a 5870 as well. Time will tell wich works A2 best. But i will be in the same boat soon enough with an i7 + Nvidia for at least a month before i pick up the 5870. Well see how it works out.

I love this game but my game keeps on crashing, making this experience just frustrating. I have applied the suggestions on this thread and others to get the game to work without crashing to the desk but same story. The video crashes to the deck top but I can still hear the game in the background being played as if there was nothing wrong. And a few seconds later I get the blue screen with the process of “dumping of physical memory†Here are my specs:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

System Manufacturer: Asus

System Model: MB ASUS|P6T7 WS SUPERCOMPUTER

BIOS: BIOS Date: 11/09/09 10:26:09 Ver: 08.00.15

Processor: Intel® Core i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.1GHz

Memory: MEM 2Gx3|CORS TR3X6G1600C8D

Available OS Memory: 6136MB RAM

Page File: 1395MB used, 10872MB available

Display Adapter: VGA EVGA|017-P3-1295-AR GTX295 (Single)

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 64bit Unicode

Blue Ray-COMBO LG | CH08LS10

CASE NZXT|ZERO BK/SIL RT

PSU ANTEC|TPQ-1000 1000W

HD 150G|WD WD1500HLFS 10000RPM

Wow thats quite a rig you got there. Dont know what the case has to do with this though but hey with a pc like that its nice to brag a bit - i know i would. :D

Did you try the video memory setting in the games options? GTX295 is 1GB VMEM? Set it to HIGH in the game and not VHIGH or DEFAULT. Just an idea.

Haha! You are right! I have no idea why I included the case other than it being a shiny object. Lol! Anyhow, I will try out your suggestions tonight. I’ve been playing the game with my settings at very high and a view distance of 3,027m. Post processing is disabled and i am using the latest drivers from Nvidia - 197.13.

Thank you!

Hi Alex72,

Thank you for your suggestion but unfortunately it’s still fubar. I tried but it just keeps on crashing to the desk top and dumping the memory. I guess I will have to wait until BI sorts it out.

Thank you!