Sign in to follow this  
1508AD

Operation Fist (SP)

Seems like a nice mission.

I was at the third task and my arma crashed to desktop :)

Maybe if you could give the player a change to select weapons before the mission starts, maybe a sniper rifle. it would be great.

Will try later again.

Just as your last mission this one doesn't disappoint - Once again the atmosphere is great, much thanks to the briefing but also thanks to the way objectives are defended and placed.

My favourite part of the mission was coming the third and last objective - It was covered on all angles and I had to make a decision, play it slower than usual, get as full a view as possible of the situation. It was like that during the entire mission I feel, but more so during the last objective. The assault of Pogorevska itself was also a real showstopper, heck, even the jog for the extraction felt exciting.

Those two BMP's and the technical getting wiped out by that A10 was a good finale.

And once more I have to say I really enjoy fire-team sized combat, it is much easier to get control of your AI comrades and also much more challenging when you don't have eleven heads of AI to throw away. However, if you are planning to make any more missions, it would be interesting to have a second fireteam to command, perhaps with the aid of the high command module - That way you only have to micromanage a few AI, but you still have the force of a full squad. As for weapon selection mentioned by the first poster... I really see no need for it, I kept faithful to my M16A2 during the entire mission, and having to conserve my ammunition was another aspect that added a sense of immersion and realism to the mission.

Another thing I would enjoy in future missions is more radio contact - In this one for instance it would've been nice to get a radio message on screen when the main force begins it's assault on Pogorevka.

Great work - Looking forward to playing your third mission!

Edited by GoOB

As for weapon selection mentioned by the first poster... I really see no need for it, I kept faithful to my M16A2 during the entire mission, and having to conserve my ammunition was another aspect that added a sense of immersion and realism to the mission.

Well i usually keep a lot of distance to my enemy, so thats why the suggestion for the sniper-rifle, the player doesnt even have binoculars. Anyway, i can always rob the enemy and their SVD. :) But still it would be nice to have some options at the beginning.

In regards to the sniper rifle

After the VCP there is a small camp about 75 meters away, move to that location you will notice 2 small tents and a burning fuel drum. Near the drum is an enemy weapons cache, you can get an SVD there (along with many other weapons) before moving to pogorevka.

looks interesting man, but i cant download from the link you put above. Hope you can upload it to another place? Thanks (:

(Filefront or Armaholic maybe for the upload?)

looks interesting man, but i cant download from the link you put above. Hope you can upload it to another place? Thanks (:

(Filefront or Armaholic maybe for the upload?)

Found another great place for news mission etc, www.armedassault.info, my god didn't knew it was here such a great site!!!!

I spotted a mirror http://www.armedassault.info/download.php?cat=solo&id=90

Armaholic mirror was already sent by PM to the author yesterday.

Anyways to download from his server u can do a right-click and save as.

But if u want the armaholic mirror can be found here:

- Operation Fist

Sorry guys didnt check my pm.

Thanks for the Kind words GoOB.

Yep just tried this really enjoyed it. Loved the choice of M16A2's for that oldschool feel.

Yeah i prefer the old school feel too, another mission on the way probably about a week away :)