Sign in to follow this  
GunnDawg09

Placing empty armored vehicles

Alright so I got my ACM working, and figured out how to use scripts to tweak the ACM. Now I want to add some armored vehicles so that my squad of 4 can make use of in this giant battle I am in the process of making :)

The only problem is when I place vehicles they all spawn with men in them and are already controlled, not only that but all the men in them and their commanders are in my squad and under my command.

How do I place an empty armored vehicle?

EDIT: Also how do I make it so not everything I place is automatically in my squad/group?

Edited by GunnDawg09

When creating a new unit, on the Side drop down menu, choose empty. Then select what type of empty vehicle or object. As for the group thing, hit F2 and click and drag away from the unit you don't want in a squad.

Edit: Its quite surprising that you've managed to get scripts and the ACM working, but haven't seen the empty vehicles selection, or is this more complicated than I think it is :S

Also, you MUST have a 'Player' unit to access the 'Empty' vehicles. But I assume you have a player in the mission since your have your 4-man unit :)

Hmmm I do not see a place to choose "Empty"

All I see is stuff like "Info Age", "control", "Vehicle Lock", "Class", "Faction", "Side", "Rank" etc...

---------- Post added at 03:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 AM ----------

Still looking around for the "Empty" option when I double click on the vehicle I just placed and cant seem to find it anywhere...

Edited by GunnDawg09

You have to choose "empty" as a Side

it's

BLUEFOR

OPFOR

RESISTANCE

CIVILIAN

EMPTY

Ah there we go, Thx :)

EDIT: Hmm I place an EMPTY UH1 helicopter and it says its not playable, so I cannot tell my men to get in it and fly...

How would you go about placing a flyable helicopter that spawns empty?

---------- Post added at 04:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 AM ----------

Hmm I place an EMPTY UH1 helicopter and it says its not playable, so I cannot tell my men to get in it and fly...

How would you go about placing a flyable helicopter that spawns empty?

---------- Post added at 05:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 AM ----------

All it seems to wanna let me do when I place an empty UH1 is either of the gunners seats, or sit as a passenger, wont let me fly it, in the settings for it, it says "Non Playable"

Edited by GunnDawg09

Here is the not updated biki ArmA Editor but as you see its very close to Arma2:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Mission_Editor

Have a look into the famous Editing Guide deluxe from Mr-Murray:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=4847

Place a Unit (player) + the Empty vehicle click preview and see if you can use the vehicle.