Raven_72nd

RVN_Compass_Mod

------------------------------

RVN_Compass_Mod  v1.0

ARMED ASSAULT MODIFICATION

COMPASS FEATURES

1. 3D Model was tweaked to flatten the distance scale on the left side of the compass. This was primarily done to prevent shadows from obscuring the scale.

2. Texture.  6000 Meter Scale enhanced for accuracy and readability. Information about the scale and the amount of time it takes to cover 100 meters walking, running, etc is printed on the inside of the cover.

3. The Compass has been rescaled to be much larger in both 1st person and map views for dial readability.

4. The Compass has been tilted in 1st person view to allow the back azimuth to be read through the lens or rear sight.

5. The distance scale in Map view works with the 2000m and 200m map grids of the Sahrani Map.  The 6000 meter scale covers three grids if you are zoomed all the way out.  Dropping a zero, the 6000 meter scale becomes a 600 meter scale if you are zoomed all the way in to the 200m grids.

6. Ability to spin and orient the compass in map mode while holding the right mouse button down.  However, this is disabled if you are inside a vehicle as you are actually spinning and orienting yourself.  The compass matches your orientation.

RVN_Compass_Mod1.jpg

RVN_Compass_Mod2.jpg

RVN_Compass_Mod3.jpg

DOWNLOAD

Excelent work Raven_72nd

Much needed

Now all I need is a Silva compass.

Kind regards walker

That's really cool thumbs-up.gif

Ahhh well done!

These little things also make such a difference!

thumbs-up.gifthumbs-up.gif

Wow...I feel like in doing land nav all over again...shit I forgot my pace count... damn. lol!

Good thing that moving in a straight line is easier in ArmA then going through heavy vegitation in real life.

Definitely a useful tool for either actual land navigation training or for just being real hardcore in your navigation.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Is there a possibility of having the inside cover writing a lighter color than black? ... some gamma setting make it hard to read.

Its great though.