Sign in to follow this  
Angus 1

BAF decyription error

Error message says:

"Failed to load file "baf/addons/air_d_baf.pbo" - decryption of headers failed"

Only the BAF title screen background works and the addon is recognised in the expansions menu but not a single piece of actual in game content even appears in menus... Can someone put me out of my misery? (I know < nothing about this sort of thing) thanks

Edited by Angus 1
Problem solved

The DLC is protected for a reason. You're not able to unpack it.

I don't know exactly what you mean but i just want to use what i have bought. can you help with that?

What is so hard to understand when I say that the BAF content is encrypted and you are not able to unpack it?

You bought the DLC to play with it, which you can do. With the purchase you're not entitled to unpack the content.

Define the term "use" please, as I just cant think of other "use" for the offical pay content other then playing it in the game, if you are a modder and want to reskin the pack units then you will have to ask BI offical if it is possible

P.S. In case you have paid and the game wont start properly, you might have a bad install/download and you might need to reinstall/redownload it

Edited by 4 IN 1

Isn't this error present when you try to copy to other machines illegally... I sense eye patches and swords *cough* piracy.

You can purchase the DLC from here - http://www.sprocketidea.com/joomla/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage-honza.tpl&product_id=37&category_id=2&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=2&vmcchk=1&Itemid=2

What is so hard to understand when I say that the BAF content is encrypted and you are not able to unpack it?

This sounds more like the type of error that happens when a downloaded file has gotten corrupted, and ArmA2 can't load it correctly because of damaged data.

So adding mod support to the DLC is not allowed?

ie we cant access the config files for modding.... :j:

I read somewhere that configs WILL be made available at some point, plus sample models! plus a definite hint at some appropriately updated tools!!!... I'll try to find the post and the link.....

B

I'm sorry, misunderstood the question because when trying to unpack the BAF pbo files I get a similar error. Please ignore my comments about unpacking the pbo files. :)

Angus 1

Where you purchased the DLC from? Do you get any error messages when you install it?

Uninstall BAF and then install patch 1.54 first. Then download the installer again and see if it works then.

Opticalsnare

Well it should be clear to anyone that the content must be protected somehow and the only way to prevent it being shared all over the internet is to encrypt the files. So like said above, editing the BAF content is not possible. That has nothing to do with preventing modding but protecting BIS IP.

The config files might be available somewhere already or will be at some point I believe.

...found a couple of recent quotes from the Big Boss....

Honestly, I hardly see any real reason to start depboing BAF that would not conflict with BIS interests and licensing policy.

Re: configs, yes, you are right. We simply should release our configs under suitable license and I can promise you we will do it once we have a bit time.

And do not you realize we are very community oriented company, we support modding as much as we can and that we are not going change in this approach as this is what we like the most about our work?

As to releasing sample content, sure, as always we will do it. But I suggest a bit more patience.

I'm sure he mentioned tools tweaked to suit the new format somewhere as well, but I can't find that one... anyway, I think it's safe to say that BIS are trying their best to protect their own stuff while making sure their faithful community modders will have everything they need to keep doing what they do...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

Chill guys, it was a legit download. What happen was I had installed BAF then updated to V 1.54 combined ops. Turns out it has to be updated to 1.54 before BAF is installed. That or the first install was somehow wrong? sorry if this was dumb... but it works and thats the important thing.

PS I know what you mean by encrypted data but i am ignorate of unpacking whether was to play or to modify

+the term use meant play with the content, like see it, drive it whatever

+ it was a start up error much like; 'blah mod requires extended events handlers' etc

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

Yeah didn't read this page when posted last, so thanks for the help despite not needing it in the end ;)

ok, glad you got it resolved, closing the thread