Sign in to follow this  
jw custom

Simple Mortar / Artillery Support

Does anyone know how to make a simple script so that AI uses the mortar artillery against you when you hit the trigger or when they detect you?

Does anyone know how to make a simple script so that AI uses the mortar artillery against you when you hit the trigger or when they detect you?

I'm wondering the same thing. I've done a good search but I can't seem to find a simple way to get enemy AI to fire mortars at you once they spawn in their location activated by me entering a trigger area. I can get them to spawn alright, I just can't get them to fire at me.

I don't know if it counts as simple...

But I did make a mission using the ARTY module and a FSM for the AI to direct fire at targets once spotted and known well enough. Makes for some very nasty situations when mortar fire starts raining down on you. Definitely encouranges stealth and once spotted you want to keep moving.

Wow I'd love to see that. Probably not simple from my experience level but I could definitely learn a lot from looking at it I'm curious to figure out FSMs. Is it just in an example mission or is it integrated into a mission? Just asking cause I'm a little slow when trying to pick apart things from a mission to learn about it, I'm always willing to take a look though.

One thing I'm also trying to figure out is whether the Arty Module can be sync'd to units placed in an empty mortar or whether it can only be sync'd to a mortar from the BLUFOR/OPFOR/Ind sides. Only asking cause I'd like to use the ACE Insurgents as the enemy mortar teams. Unfortunately they don't have their own mortar so I need to place units into the mortar via the MoveInGunner, etc command.

It's a full mission used for training by my clan. It was a bit of an experiment too, since I'd wanted to play with BI modules. Only down side is that some do not work well on a dedi server - ACM would be awesome to have working that way. So I have to host when we play it. Don't think ARTY is limited by the dedi restriction though.

The ARTY module needs AI to work. But think it *might* be possible to synch after they move into a empty mortar. Using scripts naturally.

If you really want to look at this you'll need to get in contact with me on Skype or something.

Thx for this useful script!

Put it on our scripts section at Assault Mission Studio.

dlicon.gif

Simple Mortar / Artillery Support by JW Custom