Sign in to follow this  
eggbeast

Evolution bug list - any help?

Hi there

I have had a version of Evolution working that I developed for Arma 1 from kiljoys original, which has loads of great features and I'm trying to perfect it.

These are some of the additions I have made:

- Officer class can spawn/de-spawn an armoured humvee as a mobile recon spawn point - great for sub-missions

- ambulance MHQ for town attack

- air traffic - su25, su34, mi24v, mi24v, mi8 with 4 gunners, ka52 (with gunner - wasn't in original so it just used to chase you about lol) - they all attack you

- civ vehicles and civs

- all helicopters can winch

- support options including

• ammo crate
  • marker smoke
  • inflatable boat
  • smokescreen
  • precision strike
  • scout bike
  • MG station
  • small artillery
  • mortar station
  • build fortification
  • cluster bomb
  • armoured boat
  • aa battery
  • large artillery
  • artillery cannon
  • chemical strike
  • HALO extraction
  • ICBM

- increased range of enemy vehicle types significantly

new missions in remote corners of the map (castles, odd towns, radio stations, lumberyard, islands, etc):

- Rendition - take on 4 vehicles (including hinds) and 25 troops then capture an enemy officer and return him to base (a variation of csar)

- extermination - kill all members of a civilian cult before a WMD explodes - in a very short time.

-modified base (no flagpoles) has 4 options - respawn ambulance, respawn recon (hummer), halo and respawn airfield (so you dont have to motorbike there all the time)

-fixed full ammo crate and a few russian ammo crates

-full working rifle range

I picked up the thread that fixes the number of towns, the _count bug, the officer marker, the 2 missing ;'s and so on.

These are the bugs I'm trying to fix:

1. one of the towers (Krasnostav) spawns in the main friendly airbase - can't see how to reposition it - which is the right place? in Mission or in one of the scripts?

2. enemy AI who submit can't be captured as the capture dialog doesn't work on them (only on the officer) - looked in submit and capture but think its more fundamental, like in Mission

3. If you're the leader and you die during a sub-mission, the mission is failed - trying so hard to fix the code... desperate for help - e.g. you leave the group when you die maybe? editing mcsar etc.

4. vehicles don't respawn as broken after they are destroyed e.g. problem with sinits/ evo_VecRM/ evo_VecR

5. support cost is public so all players get charged for it - not good (turned off cost for now)

6. the nuke effect and the gas effects are the old arma 1 ones, so someone needs to have a go at the effects for these

anyone got any ideas?

happy to pass over code, or paste up appropriate sections...

Edited by eggbeast

some more bugs I'm after fixing - the nuke effect and the gas effects are the old arma 1 ones, so someone needs to have a go at the effects for these.

note for Razor:

in core / BIS_EVO_ActButton =

thefollowing remmed out partr is currently preventing the support cost being subtracted from all players!! as a result, it sometimes costs 0 and sometimes adds to your score the cost. This is a slight bug that needs fixing.

BIS_EVO_punit = player;

BIS_EVO_prew = -mcost;

// publicVariable "BIS_EVO_prew";

publicVariable "BIS_EVO_punit";

razor - i see you left it in, so if you call a nuke as i did, all my teammates got jailed lol

also you have this in objoff.sqf

if ((group _off) != _grp) then {_loop=1};

I have it remmed out and the marker works now

// if ((group _off) != _grp) then {_loop=1};

Edited by eggbeast

These are the bugs I'm trying to fix:

1. one of the towers (Krasnostav) spawns in the main friendly airbase - can't see how to reposition it - which is the right place? in Mission or in one of the scripts?

2. enemy AI who submit can't be captured as the capture dialog doesn't work on them (only on the officer) - looked in submit and capture but think its more fundamental, like in Mission

3. If you're the leader and you die during a sub-mission, the mission is failed - trying so hard to fix the code... desperate for help - e.g. you leave the group when you die maybe? editing mcsar etc.

4. vehicles don't respawn as broken after they are destroyed e.g. problem with sinits/ evo_VecRM/ evo_VecR

5. support cost is public so all players get charged for it - not good (turned off cost for now)

6. the nuke effect and the gas effects are the old arma 1 ones, so someone needs to have a go at the effects for these

3 fixed by remming out group checks as above

4 is fixed - using the additional vehicle spawn script from Razor's version

1 is fixed - copied location of mobj7 into location of land_antenna obrso1

am working on 2 and 5. Not easy though.

Edited by eggbeast

aha - check here - waiting with bated breath

lucilks nuke

Edited by eggbeast

still working on these bugs:

1. enemy AI who submit can't be captured as the capture dialog doesn't work on them (only on the officer) - looked in submit and capture but think its more fundamental, like in Mission

2. support cost is public so all players get charged for it - not good (turned off cost for now) - developing additional routine for penalties vs rewards, as current script uses cost as a negative group reward - lazy coding...

3. T menu is lost after HALO - I had this working with the fix, but it's failed again somehow. It exists in the parajump, pinit, spawn and core scripts...

4. Russian ammo crate - I made one, just need to embed it in the script as an alternative mission ammo crate

5. build and dismantle special weapons - need to take out reliance on ammo truck, as I've removed them from the game altogether!

6. reinforcements - razor's heli and truck ones are cool, but they stop working after a few cities - think it maybe to do with the description.ext or init file values for inf/mech reinforcement ratios... need to do some maths

7. chemical strike effects (and making nuke ones server-side)

8. Extermination and Defence missions

9. Planning to make a "Hold the Island" mission - repelling sea and airborne assault waves

10. tryinmg to fix the spawn ladder function so you can specifically place the ladder near to a building - at the moment it lands anywhere up to 10 feet in any direction from _pos

11. check and expand enemy vehicle types

12. remove excess vehicles from the main base and add more to the FARP's

13. Water Patrol - needs russian boats - pbx's?

14. reintroduce missile camera

15. Add Mi8, KA52, and Mi24 classes to mando_hitch

16. Fix joining squad function so it doesn't make you have to join the last guy in (who can't see the others to join them) - needs an array update somewhere

uparmed the planes - significantly

15 done.

working on an additional script: creating a random enemy counter-assault team to infil with hinds/ trucks/ boats and assault either the ambulance location or the main airfield.

should create a more realistic environment - they actually fight back outside of their cities (although the six air elements kick our asses already).

aw man - I spent half a day trying to work out why my trucks weren't spawning and then i found em - 350m up in the air lol

airborne1.jpg

always look up

:eek:

desoperate for help with this script - see link

14 done - missile camera works for all airborne missiles and bombs now

16 done - edited core.sqf BIS_EVO_Listupdate to add in engineer, spotter etc to soldier list so now it includes all possible public players in the array

fixed ~T menu generating error:

No entry in description.ext Rscmapcontrol/task.iconcreated

by editing the Rscbasic_defines.hpp file to add in the values from dta/bin.pbo config.bin

Fixed the T menu bug that made the terraingrid default to 0 when ever you opened and closed the menu (removing the grass)

I made a slider for it instead so it doesn't take the value from the main window cursor location.

Also added the 5 grass terraingrid options instead of 3.

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

Tasklist update:

1. enemy AI who submit can't be captured as the capture dialog doesn't work on them (only on the officer) - looked in submit and capture but think its more fundamental, like in Mission

2. support cost is public so all players get charged for it - not good (turned off cost for now) - developing additional routine for penalties vs rewards, as current script uses cost as a negative group reward - lazy coding... (in core.sqf and eventsS.sqf BIS_EVO_Reward)

3. T menu is lost after HALO - I had this working with the fix, but it's failed again somehow. It exists in the parajump, pinit, spawn and core scripts...

4. reinforcements - razor's heli and truck ones are cool, but they stop working after a few cities - think it maybe to do with the description.ext or init file values for inf/mech reinforcement ratios... need to do some maths

5. chemical strike effects (and making nuke ones server-side)

6. Extermination and Defence missions

7. Planning to make a "Hold the Island" mission - repelling sea and airborne assault waves

8. tryinmg to fix the spawn ladder function so you can specifically place the ladder near to a building - at the moment it lands anywhere up to 10 feet in any direction from _pos

9. check and expand enemy vehicle types

10. remove excess vehicles from the main base and add more to the FARP's

11. Water Patrol - needs russian boats - pbx's?

12. Finish spetnaz counter-attack script so random spawning groups of APC/ Hind/ Boat -borne MVD attack the respawn centre or airfield.

hey eggbeast, do you think you could make an evo red map. The russian community has made one, its just all in russian.

yeah I can do that. We had an awesome arma 1 evo red map - with added SA6 SAM, hinds, BMP3, BTR80, and all the Red Hammer Studios weapons etc etc etc so it was just like Arma 2 lol. only you had to download 2 Gb of mods to get on the server :(

anyway, once I've finished tweaking the unmodded blue i'll do a red

here's a cool movie of us using the AC130 in evo to pummel targets in Stary Sobor, assisting various ground units including a sniper team at the castle using 107's and an assault team infiltrating the village and smoking targets for us up in the air. was a great game

changed basic team members tospec ops - looks nicer

added enemy spetznaz units that counterattack the airfield

changed rotation of cities so vehicles make more sense now

ADDED double planes and kamovs in formation - need to edit the script to kill the downed pilots properly, and fix the flightpath error that makes the planes congregate in the SE corner of the map sometimes

FIXED - the array in reinforcements only had 10 cities markers and missed the eponia ones (name of city in arma 1). Added them into the array in correct place, so now cities 9, 10 and 11 get reinforcements from the right place.

ADDED AA defences at the airfield

ADDED MASH at the airfield

MOVED spetsnaz assault squad spawn to South of the airfield - easier for them to attack north than previously through the trees from the north

man am im having a bad time geting 22 guys to attack the airfield at regular intervals.... it's like pulling teeth - any example scripts most most welcome

egg

Are you gonna make an ACE version? That'd be awesome...