Sign in to follow this  
eggbeast

Evolution bug list - any help?

yeah good post - i can't work out how to add in any of this stuff to the preferences in the parameters menu at server start. it precedes the mission file, so hard to implement.

fyi I set new AI created with

skillparamater = 0.4+random0.4

setskill skillparamater + random 0.2

so they vary from 0.4 to 1...

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

i just thought - does random require whole numbers?

Thx Rowdied and eggbeast

No I am hosting a server (stupid of me that I didn't mentioned it). I am going to try this out.

Great!!!!

i should add that eac hrank you get your skill goes up 0.2 from 0.2 to 1 at colonel, so set colonel rank parameter to lowest settings to get up to 1 as soon aspossible and youre set

oh and take commander role so you can make a recon resapwn so you dont keep havingto start over from base when you die - i basically built this function for solo players or those playing side missions in remote corners ofthe map

FIXED F4 Phantom sparrow now works in missile camera mode

IMPROVED added TOGGLE PERKS to paramaters screen at server start - you can now enable/ disable special class weapons like Mk19, MG nest, Stinger pod. This feature also enables/ disables extra aircraft weapon loadouts

FIXED Commanders - Remove Recon HQ no longer spams your HUD

IMPROVED reduced spawn update delays

IMPROVED new improved ladder spawning for snipers and marksmen - using VictorFarbau's ingenious ladder tool. you can now place a long or short ladder exactly where you want it and spin / raise/ lower it to access roofs easily.

FIXED capturing last 4 soldiers at end of city now scores 3 points for your group per capture

FIXED AI recruitment now fully bug free - up to 8 AI depending on toggled server option

Edited by eggbeast

Is there any way to change the points needed for certain support actions like large artillery or ICBM. For example the ICBM cost 150 points is there any way to change it to 100 or 50? Also whenever i use the support actions the points in my window do not decrease so i never know how many points i really have. Is this a problem for every one or only for me?

your points show up in the scoreboard screen (Player Info - default I)

they also show up in the window in T menu when you're choosing support

the cost is designed to stop people bombingthe crap out of your server and to keep a little realism and game balance.

if you want the points, set colonel on 120 points and unlock equipment, in the server parameters, then take an A10 and bomb the crap out of the city. Call in assignments (ambush convoy) to get 20-30 point boosts each mission and just strafe them with your A10. pretty soon you'll have 500+ points to spend - enough for 2 nukes.

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

FIXED HALO Extraction at colonel rank now works

IMPROVEMENT am in the process of testing an array format for the city names, making it much easier to change cities and city rotation...

IMPROVEMENT am in the process of testing an array format for the city names, making it much easier to change cities and city rotation...

Great to hear! Are you also thinking of adding extra cities to that rotation?

Why are you messing with AI skill? Just set it all to 1 and let the server set it to whatever. If you set to less than 1 and the server is lowering difficulty on top of this you will have extra-stupid AI (that is, more stupid than the server owner intended to get).

Difficulty that is lowered by the mission cannot be raised without using "super AI" (which then forces all skills to 1 rather than allowing the server to set the skill). Difficulty that is set to 1 by the mission can then be lowered down to anything by appropriate server settings.

Anyway, we're waiting (im?)patiently for a working ACE version ;)

yeah but it will take time to implement - i now understand about 90 percentof the evo scripts so can refine it to make it more modular

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

Difficulty that is set to 1 by the mission can then be lowered down to anything by appropriate server settings.

not sure about this... when we spawn a unit in evo it sets skill there and then - based on my parameter... can you point to a different script that operatres after the active mission scripts?

Might want to start by setting all skills to 1 (allowing server to do whatever he wants by setting difficulties with the config), as this is probably the most useful way to do it, that is, allowing the server to set difficulty once in a way that will work for all missions rather than get different difficulty levels in different missions because the mission makers felt that it's too hard when the server is set to "1" while another mission maker set skill to "1" letting the server take care of it. Botton line - best to keep AI skill/accuracy to be adjusted once on the server rather than adjust it on every AI that you spawn. Options can be added later once all is working...

yeah but if its set only once that means all units have the same ability... are they cyborgs?

i choose to randomise them for variety.

what the server settings do i have no idea. i assume that our mission overrides them, but i may be wrong.

They're not cyborgs, they're all just as human as the other one ;)

Server settings don't override, they lower it further. So if the admin adjusts server settings so that AI difficulty is reasonable when the mission sets all skills to 1, then in your mission the AI will be much weaker than what the server admin wants to have. It would be better to keep variety by just giving them different weapons (which they probably have already).

If server decides 0.5 skill is good, and then you decide a rifleman should have 0.5 skill while leader has 1 skill, you could end up with only leaders actually having any real chance to hit enemies (or not, depends on exactly how skill affects accuracy, which is not very easy to predict without experimentation, which is again why it's better to leave it to the server admin to adjust via experimentation once and then keep that value fixed all the time in all missions).

hmmm well we're findingthat some missions we stand a chance and some missions we have to play real careful or we die... this is a nice variation - people arrive and others say, grab a desert eagle we got some fish in a barrel or elsethey say thank god youre here, we're stuck in a courtyard surrounded by leaning one shot kill snipers, 3 gunships and several tanks and theyre throwing nades over the wall...

i kinda like it

Evolution bugs - Tasklist update:

1. Reinforcements fail at a certain city - need to work out which one and why it happens (e.g. reinforcement algorithm inputs) (krasno ok)

2. Squad joining list is still malfunctioning such that many new players have to be team leader - need to fundamentally rethink the update playerlist scripting - edited core.sqf BIS_EVO_Listupdate to add in engineer, spotter etc to soldier list so now it includes all possible public players in the array

3. Enable moving of statics like ladders COMPLETE

4. Toggle enemy planes and pilot access COMPLETE

5. How to manage dying during a side-mission

6. Toggle teleport score/ timer

7. Tweak unit count and skill

MINOR

1. Cherno - traffic cone COMPLETE

2. Offroad vehicles in Reloaded not working

3. Modded maps – import ammo crate from brit and dev it / Add mod vehicles to enemy units (eventsc, evo_erec, reinforce, bis_evo_fillinf, makeair, makespetz)

4. Make Sahrani Red Reloaded

5. Remake Duala as afro no mod

6. Rework H_barrier_large and MASH etc to this allowdamage false

7. Extermination fails to end?

8. Minor - AC130 with sidearm cannon does not respawn - set to 300 points to pilot

9. Chemical strike effects (and making nuke ones server-side)

10. "Displayvendor does not support serialisation" error in T menu

11. Enable Revive (based on Razors)

12. Interactive Briefing map/markers

13. Disbanding AI from squad

Edited by eggbeast

hmmm well we're findingthat some missions we stand a chance and some missions we have to play real careful or we die... this is a nice variation - people arrive and others say, grab a desert eagle we got some fish in a barrel or elsethey say thank god youre here, we're stuck in a courtyard surrounded by leaning one shot kill snipers, 3 gunships and several tanks and theyre throwing nades over the wall...

i kinda like it

Me to !

Thanks for the bug updates and your work.

IMPROVED implemented a full working ranked and unranked EAST ammo crate using the Vilas AK weapons and the RH_de russian pistols and skorpion

IMPROVED implemented a full working unranked West ammo crate (ranked to follow soon) using the RH_hk416, RH_M4, RH_Mgs, FFAA_Armas and the RH_de pistols and miscro SMG's.

testing at the moment

ok I'm now working on the reinforcements scripting - tested it yesterday and found some very weird numbers coming out of the algorithms.

IMPROVED - new array system in init.sqs makes a weapontype array of GL, AA, AT, MG weapons for use by makestatic.sqf when determining which type of weapon a player has - which works now for all major weapons mods

IMPROVED - new array system in init.sqs makes a player class type array of Officer, medic, engineer, GL, AA, AT, MG, sniper, spotter, pilot player types for use by makestatic.sqf and evo_vecinit.sqf and spawn.sqf when determining which type of player you are and which functionsto add - works now for many major units mods (USMC, CDF, INS, RU, MVD, spetsnaz, UKF, vilas GRU, Afrenian, Molatian, Egg's Afrenian and molatian patch)

the benefit? you don't have to look all throug hthe scripts when you edit or change the mission to check you have accounted for any changes to weapon or soldier types based on mods. If you add a new mod to the mission, you can just add the new classes to the init.sqs arrays

discussion thread here

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=100197

Hey,

I have been trying to find the script(s) that affect the support menu.

Could you list the script(s) that handle it?

enabled by putting this line in pinit (player initialisation) and spawn.sqf (respawn)

(FindDisplay 46) DisplaySetEventHandler ["keydown","if ((_this select 1) In actionKeys ""TeamSwitch"") then {a = createDialog 'evoUI'}"];

rscBasicDefines.hpp --> I think this is used in evoUI

evoUI.hpp --> calls core.sqf

data/scripts/core.sqf = main T menu functions

support options are in:

data/scripts/csupport.sqf

recruitment options are in:

data/scripts/recruit.sqf

selecting missions/assignments are in:

data/scripts/selectmis.sqf

then there are loads of side-missions scripts beginning with "M" e.g. mwpat (mission/water patrol) etc

Yay!

I got revive working in your GITS Evo v27 :yay: :yay: :yay:

Ill pm you link to download it so you can copy the stuff to your latest versions

thanks man - i looked through it all. tried to port it and still have a bug - can't find what interrupts the normal spawn routine to decide on the revive spawn point.... there must be a sensor that checks for player killed?

any idea?

thanks man - i looked through it all. tried to port it and still have a bug - can't find what interrupts the normal spawn routine to decide on the revive spawn point.... there must be a sensor that checks for player killed?

any idea?

Mhh i have a massive headache atm, but do you mean having other spawn locations than just the Base? If so, try to change from revive_init.sqf this line:

_no_respawn_points 				= param1;

and replace the param1 with

_no_respawn_points 				= 2;

I dont remember right now what was the point of having that as changeable parameter in the first place.

Edited by Toxim

well what happens instead of respawning on the floor with revive camera, i respawn at respawn_west after no delay

even though i set revive ON