Sign in to follow this  
Alex72

3D to 2D editor converter!

Many probably seen this over at armaholic already, but for those that havent here it is. It converts your work in the 3D editor into working 2D editor sqf. You can do it by ALT+TAB out and run the converter (small neat .exe prog) and then load it up in the 2D editor and continue your work.

However. There is a small problem that i hope the author can solve, and that is the problem with elevated objects like putting barbed wire ontop of hesco blocks or adding a guard shed ontop of a container for example. Or even weapons added ontop of some object. They unfortunatelly sink down to ground level or even lower when you preview it in the 2D editor (at least it does for me).

But if you want easy placement of ground touching objects then go ahead and try this great tool by DancZer.

Link: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10204

Looks very good but I get one error.

I have worked on a addon map (Panthera Island) in 3D editor and convert. Then I try open it in the 2D editor and it says:

You cannot play/edit this mission; it dependent on

downloadable content that has been deleted.Panthera2

Then tested to make some vehicles in the 2D editor on this map and saved. Then I noticed this:

2D editor map (original)

addOns[]=
{
"ibr_panthera2"
};
addOnsAuto[]=
{
"ibr_panthera2"
};

The converted 3D map:

addOns[]=
{
"Panthera2"
};
addOnsAuto[]=
{
"Panthera2"
};

I have tested change Panthera2 to ibr_panthera2 but then I try load the game crash and I get this error message:

Untitled-1-2.jpg

Sweet, Alex! I have yet to use the 3D editor, so can you raise and lower objects fairly easily like RTE? I tried doing a big base and run wire along the top of the Hesco's (great minds think alike, eh? heh), but kept running into issues with RTE and didn't feel like redoing 5+ hours worth of base work again and again. So if the 3D editor can do it as well and this program in time supports it in the 2D editor, then maybe I can start building again and keep my sanity as well--lol. :p

Thats great!! but i have a noob question, how to start editing with 3d editor??? :confused::confused::confused:

I prese ALT+E and the 3d editors opens. But then i am not able to put units or groups,...i can only put objets and empty vehicles...

Also i can not save those empty object, because it says that must be there playable units.

So, what is the method to get the 3Editor runs correctly??

Somebody get this application to work perfect? I looking in the converted script and get some few errors in it.

This application should be perfect but it isn't.

Since it just convert empty objects.

If it could convert all objects it would be great. Since ArmA2 and ArmA2:OA have a lot of objects that's referred to ether side and not empty.

Thinking especially on the "Object Compositions".

But I would hope for a version that at least can handle all sides.

Do anyone knows if the author "DancZer" (I think) has any plans for this or not?