megagoth1702

WavToWss, select multiple files, "send to" and it encodes them ALL?

Hello guys,

I want to be able to do this:

I need to encode WAV files to WSS. Currently I use Mikero's DeWss GUI to do this one by one, there must be a more efficient way! I did write a batch script once but it is always local to the folder I specify in the script. When I select multiple files and use the "send to menu" to WAVtoWSS it only encodes ONE file, not the many that I selected. I want to have something that:

-encodes the files sent to it

-looks for wav files in the folder I send it and encodes them into the same folder (usual behaviour for these tools).

Unfortunately I have no idea how to write batch scripts, the one I wrote was a hit & miss mostly until suddenly it worked.

So yeah, can you guys help me out here?

Thanks!

Okay, thanks for the help guys...  ;) 

The folks at stackoverflow helped me out.

for %%i in (%*) do "PathToYourTools" -parameter -moreParameter %%i

Example:
for %%i in (%*) do "D:\Spiele\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3 Tools\Audio\WAVToWSS.exe" %%i

Awesome. You need a text file, paste the code into it, rename it to "cmd" or "bat". Now create a shortcut to this file. Now, in explorer at the adress bar type in "sendto" and put your shortcut there. Now you have a new entry in the "Send to" menu, which will trigger the bat. Awesome!

If I select multiple files, it converts ALL of them. If I select a folder, it converts all the feasible files in the folder. Sweet!

EDIT:

If you want the files DELETED after they are encoded, use this:

for %%i in (%*) do (
echo %%i
"D:\Spiele\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3 Tools\Audio\WAVToWSS.exe" %%i
DEL %%i
)
REM %%i is not valid anymore here
Edited by megagoth1702
  • Like 3

Now does this help solve the issue converting the wav file back to wss. ?

I've also successfully managed to adapt this method to work with Image2PAA for batch converting textures. Nice find :)

Great work on the batch script, man! Been pulling my hair out to find a working solution for this. Thanks a lot!