Sign in to follow this  
Killbox

Zeus overriding AI skill mods

As many of you we have been looking forward to Zeus. The main issue is the AI are back to their old habits of being cheating level marksmen. For all other missions the guy running the server has a mod to dumb down the AI. But Zeus seems to override it and back to AI so good they can use a MG from 100 meters off and headshot in 3 rounds.

So, the skill slider on each AI placed by the curator doesn't seem to do much. Used some simple scripting to try to change them on the fly. None seem to work.

{_x setSkill 0.05; _x setSkill ["aimingaccuarcy",0.05]; _x setSkill ["aimingspeed",0.2]} forEach allUnits;

then

{this setSkill 0.05; this setSkill ["aimingaccuarcy",0.05]; this setSkill ["aimingspeed",0.2]} forEach allUnits;

Tried setting them really low to see if can notice of difference. Nothing. I'm out of ideas. Could use some help.

Where are you running this code? Generally those types of actions have to be called where the unit is local. With Zeus its not totally clear the locality of Zeus' units, if its on the server or the player who is currently controlling that zeus entity.

When we were testing the zeus last night we face the same problem, it's damn annoying, a module like the one in Alive would be great.

I tested it on a dedicated server. When you spawn a soldier with Zeus, the soldier is local to Zeus' machine. This means the setskill script needs to run the code on the player's machine, not on the server. This sort of breaks many setskill scripts.

I suppose the solution would be to simply always run the setskill command on all machines?

But still, other sort of scripts will also break, I imagine. BIS should simply add an option to make the AI spawn on the server, not on the clients.

Edited by BlackAlpha

Hello,

First sorry for my bad english, I am not an english spoken…

I was trying to find a solution to that issue and I was trying to work with the “addEventHandlerâ€, "CuratorGroupPlaced" and “CuratorObjectPlaced†in order to change IA skill only when a IA is created and not all the time.

I am a noob in scripting and I do not have any idea how it can works…

Anyone can share more ideas about IA skill in ZEUS mod?

I tried using those eventhandlers as well, but for some reason I can't manage to get them to work. I tried making them show a simple hint message for testing purposes, but it didn't work. No idea why.

I also tried using some other Curator eventhandlers, but they didn't work either. :confused:

Well glad I'm not alone in being stumped. I ran the script in the debug menu for the server, ran it on the unit exec field. Made triggers and/or scripts in the mission. Nothing.

My friend and the one who owns our server says he found something promising. When I can I'll try to post it here. We shall see.

i hope we can get some clarification from devs about whats going on with this, the ai are godlike..errr, umm ZEUS-like

heres my example of zeus ai

lol some of that looks like just plain lag - still hilarious though.

negative on that kord, just me and one other person on my locally hosted mission, running off my computer, sad to say i have 0 ping and it was still like that:(

Just an FYI to everyone.

The ALiVE AI Skill module will override Zeus. Just put that down in your mission, adjust the settings for your different factions etc and you should be good to go.

Tup

negative on that kord, just me and one other person on my locally hosted mission, running off my computer, sad to say i have 0 ping and it was still like that:(

wow that's awful- however the other person's lag might come in to play if that person is the one who spawned the unit. (units are local to where they spawn)

Found a mod that seems to work. You will want to get the latest CBA addons and then get ASR AI 3 mod. If the person playing as Zeus/game master has these, the AI you spawn will use these mods. It makes the AI more realistic as in they will run for cover more, use smoke, ect ect. I tested them by going into the config that the mod makers provide and turned everything down to 5% skill. In my own zeus mission spawned Blufor and Opfor AI and they engaged eachother, but they couldn't hit eachother for a bit. No super accurate shooting. I will link the mods below. All in all, seems to be a good solution until the DEVs work on the AI. If that ever happens.

ASR AI 3

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24080

Community Base Addons

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18767

---------- Post added at 00:03 ---------- Previous post was at 00:00 ----------

And thanks Tup for that answer too. Might get around to using that too.

Hello

Killbox thanks for the informations. I will try it.

Only two questions.

This addon must be the install on both sides, server and client?

And, both side must have the same “asr_ai3_settings.hpp†config file?

We are using YOMA 2009 in Arma3 and it coul not be a problem.

I was using one IASkill script run into the mission in all the machines time to time and it seems to work.

First, nope, does not have to be on both. I had it on my client and AI that I spawn in Zeus would reflect my settings file. But if you put it on server then other missions like CTI, COOP, ect ect will have those settings. So the only reason it is on client side is if you are going to be Zeus.

Second, no again, you don't have to have the same settings file on both. If mine is different and I go into zeus, anything i spawn will have my settings. The only point of putting it on server is for AI spawned by the mission.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Killbox