Sign in to follow this  
Brainbug

Soviet/Russian Mi-17 in different camos

As asked for, I made a soviet/russian version of the Algerian Mi-17 I churned out yesterday, and while I was at it, I made a few more variants, maybe someone can put them to use somehow. Another mod I could and should have done years earlier, but better late than never.

acdtcuvc.jpg

available models:

- desert camo (2 color: sand/brown)

- olive

- black

- "angry bee" (black/yellow with rockets)

can be found in the editor under OPFOR->Russia->Air

Files: sov_mi17.pbo (signed, with server key)

Download

Edit: Updated to Version 1.1 (rocket models added, see below)

Edit: Updated to Version 1.2 (rocket versions fixed, see below)

Edited by Brainbug

Great soviet skins dude,better than expected, really needed!!, but in a future(no rush) you can aplied same textures(mainly, Olive & dessert) on MTV3 model with rokets.Would like the two models of helicopters flying together and with the same skin xD.

A hug

Edited by LDU30

thx 4 hosting/mirrors! :)

@LDU30: That was easy, I only needed to add a few lines in the config. I've interchanged the decal textures so the numbers are a bit different.

so: UPDATED to Version 1.1!

:bounce3:Thank you very much, I'm very grateful ...:bounce3:

EDIT:Brainbug, sorry but the rockets(primary weapon) dont fire, and i havent hud too.

Edited by LDU30

Thanks. Really appreciate the Soviet variant. However, for Soviet/Russian Federation aircraft, shouldn't these be designated Mi-8 / Mi-8M?

William

Thanks. Really appreciate the Soviet variant. However, for Soviet/Russian Federation aircraft, shouldn't these be designated Mi-8 / Mi-8M?

William

Theoretically yes (Mi-17 is the export version of the Mi-8M), but the models differ, quote Wikipedia:

The only visible difference between the mi-8 and mi-17 is that the tail rotor is on the starboard side (right side) of the mi-8, whereas in mi-17 it is on the left side.

So let's just assume that the soviet union had exported some mi-17 to e.g. everon, sahrani etc. and later took them back as war loot and put them back to use. Or something like that. ;)

But if that is a real problem, I could rename all occurrences in the addon. Is it?

EDIT:Brainbug, sorry but the rockets(primary weapon) dont fire, and i havent hud too.
Argh, classic brain-fart. I have inherited from the wrong class, the same as the non-rocket version. Will be updated to Version 1.2 in a few minutes. Edit: It's up.

Hope it's ok now. Sorry for all the update work, I should have noticed such a mistake earlier.

Edited by Brainbug

not really. would those few more extra rockets really make a difference? the back door is unusable anyway, be it clamshell or ramp.