Sign in to follow this  
Aodan

OA Mission Open season question

On the Mission Open Season in the campaign of OA, I keep running out of ammo. I know to fly back to the FOB and rearm at the rearming truck, but after the first rearming, it just doesn't work. I realize that this truck only has a limited mount of ammo to give, but i can't find anywhere else to rearm. I really wouldn't need that many HellFire missiles, but with the ULB, if you laze a anti-air gun, or really anything else, it misses if your cursor is right on it. Therefor, it takes me 3-4 missiles to get the angle right. Is there some position I should be at before firing the missiles at the AAA? This is really exasperating because I want to advance in the campaign, but I can't do that on an empty load out. Help!

If you've taken 3-4 shots to find the right angle, you know the right angle and next time it should take one shot, right? :)

I had to manually adjust the position of the ammunition truck for rearming to work.

The Truck has plenty of ammo for you. Try to get close and comfy with it.

To take out the AA, start with the two Zu guns. Position yourself southwest of the marked area and ascend to ~250 altitude. Make sure its safe to do so. turn on auto hover and get your ulb.

take out the first aaa and then use the topographic heightlines (or w/e you call those) to find a next suitable spot to disable the other aa. move closer bit by bit. after the 2 guns are destroyed you can use their hills as new staging areas and position your helo there.

kill the shilka/tungusta (forgot which one it is) and then the igla pod and you're done. dont take too long as this mission is known to fail after taking too much time. make sure your altitude is high enough - doesnt seem like a smart thing to do but its safe in this mission, just go really high and rain hellfire.

The Truck has plenty of ammo for you. Try to get close and comfy with it.

To take out the AA, start with the two Zu guns. Position yourself southwest of the marked area and ascend to ~250 altitude. Make sure its safe to do so. turn on auto hover and get your ulb.

take out the first aaa and then use the topographic heightlines (or w/e you call those) to find a next suitable spot to disable the other aa. move closer bit by bit. after the 2 guns are destroyed you can use their hills as new staging areas and position your helo there.

kill the shilka/tungusta (forgot which one it is) and then the igla pod and you're done. dont take too long as this mission is known to fail after taking too much time. make sure your altitude is high enough - doesnt seem like a smart thing to do but its safe in this mission, just go really high and rain hellfire.

Well, all of that last part helped, but you can only rearm twice, which doesn't make things easy.

Rearming of Hellfires takes MUCH longer that other ammo.

Yes I realize that, but they just don't rearm, none of them.

A similar issue is when you fire all your SABOTs and switch to HEATs. Your SABOTs won't reload or at least you won't be able to switch back to them.

you don't have to finish the mission. If you crash you will still complete, albeit it will make the mission a bit harder.

Same problem it wont load helfires

Always leave at least 1 hellfire with you and reloading should work. That's what I read in another thread and it worked for me.

when I ran out of ammo, I flew back to the helipad, then I parked the ammo truck real close to the chopper. I got out of the truck, went back in the chopper, then I switched to manual fire to see my ammo at the top reloading.

I believe you have to be inside the chopper or it won't work. also, it reloads the gun first, then hydras, and finally the missiles, so you'll be waiting a bit. if I remember right, I was able to reload the missiles at least 3 times.

Edited by Capt. Sand
wrong term

Where do I park my bird so I dont get shot down while flying the UAV? Also when I get shot down I never finish the mission? :)

The next mission actually depends on where you crashed the Apache.

If you crashed/bail out behind enemy line, next mission would be From Hell (Rescue the pilot)

But if you managed return to friendly territory, the next mission would be Sandstorm.

(as if you RTB)