Sign in to follow this  
DeclaredEvol

How to fix Performance

I use Cacheman, and it allows you to Sticky Priority whatever app ya want. Imho it does work.

i have tried all that, i found out that the best remedy is lowering your 3D resolution to 80% by doing that i put the other settings to high/very hight. except for terrain, PP,AA,AAA *low* VD 2040 *more than what i need* and i actually love the graphics better than 100% 3D.

Changing the resolution has no effect on my performance. Well, it has a little. A difference of about 2fps between 80% 3D and 200% 3D. As such, I run it at 200% as it eliminates the need for Antialiasing which gives a much greater performance hit.

Changing the resolution has no effect on my performance. Well, it has a little. A difference of about 2fps between 80% 3D and 200% 3D. As such, I run it at 200% as it eliminates the need for Antialiasing which gives a much greater performance hit.

Only two FPS difference between these settings? Whats your complete ingame-settings? -How do you tested it?

I'm very interested in this, because I have the same GPU and there is a bigger jump in FPS between the different 3D-resolutions, especially @ 200% on my side.

Back to topic:

Tried to increase the priority of the game.exe, yesterday. Tested it in different benchmark-missions, but also for me there is no increase in performance.

Edited by WillaCHilla

I've used this program but I never saw any real performance increase in ArmA2. How much of an increase do you get?

Me either to be honest.

I've 4GB of RAM in my system and when I game I don't tend to run other programs (other than Teamspeak, and possibly STEAM).

It's probably more of a good feeling vibe for me knowing I'm closing off unneccesary services that aren't required for gaming thus reducing any further burden to my system (whether or not its helpful).

I'm guessing this program is more useful to system with less than 2GB RAM.

When I use the program it releases between 150-350MB RAM.

That seems a little odd. I get crippling performance loss if I put 3D res above 125%.

when i ran the official benchmark on 100% 3D my fps was 34 when i dropped the 3D to 80% the fps jumped to 47, huge difference. However i still have problems with minor LOD and flickers but haven't noticed any stutter while playing the official camping.

Its most likely that your GFX card is good, however I don't know anything about your CPU.