Sign in to follow this  
Niotna

All kind of suggestions

* Pathfinding is one big bug. Operation Flashpoint had an option to let vehicles go only roads or not.

I suppose Warfare is a built in play mode? If not then disregard my remarks. But if You know where to put them on the proper forum, dont hesitate. I am just confused since there is a warfare mod too.

* Warfare mode needs following improvements:

- Units should be clickable on the map (like RTS), and have a status and command menu.

Also they should be selectable by dragging the mouse over the playfield.

- Units shouldn't automatically come to You, the player.

- Units should have ability to become put in a group, by selecting them and pushing f.i. CTRL+1

- It would be nice if You press a unit twice, to zoom the map directly to its location on the map.Info like status bar, health bar, ammo and fuel info could be directly be displayed.

- To give the player some idea of the situation of a unit under his command, there should be a 3D command to switch to 3d view of the selected unit.

- The refuel/rearm/repair at service station should be one and the same.

- A medic should have a (default, and or not changeable) mode to heal members of the same side. Now one can easily find a medic next to a wounded guy doing nothing at al.

- Vehicles should have a separate icon row for easier selection. If a vehicle is loaded with all sorts of guys, I wanna command the vehicle, not everyone inside.

- Related to that: a simple unload command would be handy: Press it once, and all extra passengers get out. Press it again and the regular crew gets out.

- A "land" command for planes and choppers is needed. Now one has to let the pilot "disembark", to have him land. Then, once landed and all unloaded, you have to let him board again.

- Boarding vehicles is taking way to long. Crew and passengers seem to check environment over and over again, before getting in to a vehicle. Very joyfull to watch them go prone and stand up again 10 times before getting in.

- A small layout of the active vehicle, with the passengers and the crew on board would give one at least an idea of who is inside. The pilot or driver could be given another color.

- The colors in MP Warfare are NOT consistent. Blue side has everything in blue, but red side has own base in blue, units in red. Beside that green exists for other parties. Orange for wounded, i guess. VERY CONFUSING!

- On the map, it is almost impossible to read the unit numbers. It becomes impossible, when there are several boarded in 1 vehicle.

- Choppers whom have gotten a point to fly to, fly over it, seem to fly first to the moon, and than return, and do the same all over again and again.

- Waypoints! It is possible that this game has a waypoint system to give to units or vehicles, which would give the opportunity to plan an attack, but I couldn(t find it.

I had a battle today, which lasted 12! hours, but with a proper interface, it might have lasted 3 hours. Playing is struggling with the enemy, not with the game and/or interface.

Some other issues:

- Go prone and stand up are toggle, Crouch and stand up should be the same.

- Auto hover on and off, should better be 1 button/command, not two different.

- Same with Gear and flaps.

- Ability is needed to switch pov hat on joystick directions. Looking from inside and outside have different actions. Very strange, and counter-intuitive.

- Zoom in toggle in outside view doesn't always work properly. Couldn't find out what made the difference.

- Vehicles who have to climb a mountain, sometimes just dont make it over the top. Which is ridiculous to me. The AI doesn't know how to handle that, and just keeps trying. I suggest you give all of them a better (stronger, not faster) engine.

- in auto hover, max speed is +/- 10, that is ok. Pushing SHIFT at the same time, max 20, that should better be 30 or 40 I guess.

- Command line should have "pick up" command when commanding a transport heli to pick up a vehicle.

- Bloom effect on/off should be in Video options menu.

- Controls menu should have a shortcut. How many times one has to go through all menus while adjusting controls. Man, man...

- Editor, the same. Is now to be found under single player. Not logical.

- Options menus only take part of the whole window. In controls window, one can't always see all button strokes, attached to a command. Just not practical.

- Vehicle outside view should be standard freelook. Now it is the other way round.

- The server browser should have "favorite" ability to sace favorites. (If armaloader can have this, the game itself should have it.) Same with country code.

- Buddy system is needed, for quick joining friends active server.

Although it might not look that way, I am very very gratefull with this game. But hey, if it can be improved with my suggestions, it would become an absolute topgame. So thanks, BI!

pointless spam. we already have a suggestion thread, actually many of them. Use the search button ffs!

They are (or can be rather), except for flaps, for which it's not possible to make them one control since they have more than just 2 states.

Also, it sounds to me like most of your problems are just that your controls aren't configred to your liking. One of the best things about ArmA 2 is the level of control when it comes to configuring your controls. Still, there are certain configurations that just work better than others, maybe try the setting it up to be like OFP. IMO OFP had mostly better controls.

Edited by Big Dawg KS

- Boarding vehicles is taking way to long. Crew and passengers seem to check environment over and over again, before getting in to a vehicle. Very joyfull to watch them go prone and stand up again 10 times before getting in.

You want to take my only source of fun in warfare besides ICBMs, sad face :(

Try disabling Post Processing in Video options

- Controls menu should have a shortcut. How many times one has to go through all menus while adjusting controls. Man, man...

Just practice

Actually this is very logical, becuase this is for mission making, not sandboxing in MP unfortunately, if you want that download VTS 3.5

- The colors in MP Warfare are NOT consistent. Blue side has everything in blue, but red side has own base in blue, units in red. Beside that green exists for other parties. Orange for wounded, i guess. VERY CONFUSING!

the first thing taught in my unit is map reading, experiment with the editor, you get used to it.

- A medic should have a (default, and or not changeable) mode to heal members of the same side. Now one can easily find a medic next to a wounded guy doing nothing at al.

Whis would 9 times out of 10 cause him to get killed due to running about in the open

- Waypoints! It is possible that this game has a waypoint system to give to units or vehicles, which would give the opportunity to plan an attack, but I couldn(t find it.

Editor or High Command, some warfares have this enabled, some dont

- A "land" command for planes and choppers is needed. Now one has to let the pilot "disembark", to have him land. Then, once landed and all unloaded, you have to let him board again.

As soon as he touches down you can reorder him back into the chopper, no need to wait, and planes in this game do not land on random terrain only airfields/air strips

- The refuel/rearm/repair at service station should be one and the same.

Repair and Refuel automatically happen, re-arm takes a while so it offers you to re-arm or not

Edited by tyler4171

tyler4171, I disagree with as good as anything you say. Only the medic thing sounds true. But then at least there should be an easy "heal" and "no heal" command so that he can act.

Hey, as long as the developers read this, I don't mind.

Here is another one:

- I need a button "always English", I dont want to hear Russian or whatever weird language over the radio.

As written in the other thread already.

Some other issues:

- Go prone and stand up are toggle, Crouch and stand up should be the same.

That's actually the case or not?

I guess you can change it to one command but it's actually just one button which you've to press twice to engage and once to disengage, I don't see a problem there also because you can simply use the action menu.

There's only one action to lower/raise the gear (Ctrl+G). For the flaps a single command is simply not possible because they've three positions.

- Ability is needed to switch pov hat on joystick directions. Looking from inside and outside have different actions. Very strange, and counter-intuitive.

My POV has the same actions for in- and outside.

- Zoom in toggle in outside view doesn't always work properly. Couldn't find out what made the difference.

Works fine for me (with joystick, mouse and/or keyboard).

- Command line should have "pick up" command when commanding a transport heli to pick up a vehicle.

I personally don't think it's needed as standard feature because you can simply script this yourself if needed.

Doesn't "Postprocessing off" turns off the bloom completly?

No problems here.

It's like that since ArmA2.

- Options menus only take part of the whole window. In controls window, one can't always see all button strokes, attached to a command. Just not practical.

You can set multiple keys for each action which simply can't be all displayed in the menu.

- Vehicle outside view should be standard freelook. Now it is the other way round.

This will give problems for players who steer with the mouse.

^ In bold...

some seem to be problems you have, as ive not seen alot of these

but how is the editor under SP not logical?

tyler4171, I disagree with as good as anything you say. Only the medic thing sounds true. But then at least there should be an easy "heal" and "no heal" command so that he can act.

Hey, as long as the developers read this, I don't mind.

Here is another one:

- I need a button "always English", I dont want to hear Russian or whatever weird language over the radio.

Unfortunately this is a game of love and hate......and mass amounts of practice

"heal" and "no heal" command so that he can act.

And there, selest your medic, hit 6 (his actions) look for "Heal <squadmember here>"

Most of those suggestions seem really counter intuitive to me.

Most of those suggestions seem really counter intuitive to me.

Really? Clickable units on the map, drag and drop selection like in an RTS game, a "land" command for the pilot and other improvements are counter intuitive? With all due respect, but some people seem to have no idea what good gaming is about.

Hi!

I've been playing Arma2 for long time, maybe since it's release and it's my most favourite game EVER!

Even thou i find few small things irritating. Let's look at them, and if u can, please help me to find a way to fix it, if it's either in me or in d game! ;-)

1.When i started playing MP with Evolutions i found it great but there seemed to be glitch with all AI's freezin and mission not continuable unless restarted.(donno about current state of it as i don't play evo anymore)

2.In my most favourite Warfare, there's couple:

- when setting Parameters for mission could there be double click acceptance for each option please?

-and could there be default button too??

3. Next, in Warfare my AI's sometimes and usually after longer period in game, start giving orders without reason! Orders like "regroup" and "form on" or "supporting". Even if i after that order them to regroup on me, one will always order them again what he wants! Have i misspressed some order? Sometimes i am even being ordered by that AI and can see icon on screen and map like "move to" and stuff! Do you anyone know what's that all about?? Is there possible "cancel all previous for every AI" selection or button??

4. will ArmA3 community be playable or is it gonna be just editors nd stuff? Can we expect ArmA3 to be available as demo and will be for preorder too?

Thanks very much for tips suggestions and other helpful informations u drop here or pm me!

:bounce3:

Mission related issues belong in the respective thread of the mission. With issues with vanilla ArmA 2 mission belong in the troubleshooting section. Please do not dig up old threads. Thank you.

-Thread closed-