Sign in to follow this  
JuggernautOfWar

Operation Arrowhead Modules Broken?

[MG]http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l385/JuggernautOfWar/ArmA2OA2010-07-0814-07-55-65.png[/img] >100kb

That's all I see when I followed the instructions here to create a working SecOps module. There's no transport option and there's no way to accept or decline SecOps from the radio or Communication menu. What must I do? Thank you for your time. :)

Edited by Placebo

I suspect you have mistaken Simple Support Module for Sec-Op Module.

They are different modules.

Did you place a SOM module on the map?

He's also mistaken the user mission forum for the mission editing forum, as well as forgetting the >100kb rule, really not his day ;)

Haha wow feel free to move it as you see fit. I just woke up from a nap when I posted that, wasn't thinking.

EDIT: I fixed the image. :) EDIT2: How on earth do I check the filesize of the image once it's uploaded? Ugh I'm too tired for this whole forum business. :(

Feels like an idiot...

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

I've posted about this in the module discussion thread and noted it in the troubleshooting thread, but so far no-one's replied to me. That code doesn't work in Op Arrow when applied to the Sec Ops Manager. It works fine in ARMA2, but not OA - I've been trying it for about two days.

I get the impression that with OA we're not meant to use the SOM for support requests, as they've added the simple support module. However, the SSM overrides the Sec Ops Manager's communication menu option (2, with 1 being 'cancel supports') with the Supply Drop support option when the two modules are used together, making it impossible to accept the mission. Comms option 2 only appears once a mission has been offered, and is always 'supply drop' - no 'sec ops' menu to accept/decline mission.

The OP looks like the Sec Ops Module & the Simple Support Module combined (only because I've seen a lot of that screen the last couple of days lol). I've tested the quickstart code from the wiki with the OA Sec Ops Manager and I know it doesn't work (arty ok, cas just circles, transport, uav & supply drop never even show up despite showing as active in menu, and only arty/cas show any radio activation, but the code doesn't seem to conflict with the Sec Ops comms option). I've also tried the Sec Ops Manager & the SSM together (SSM overrides Sec Ops comms option '2' as above), and that doesn't work.

I've not tried both the triggered script & the SSM together though (as neither will allow sec ops to be accepted), so if the OP is only using that trigger script with the OA Sec Ops Module, then I guess that script overwrites the Sec Ops Comms option as well?

Either way it'd be nice to get an answer for this. Nearly all the modules seem buggy as hell in multiplayer as well, hardly the 'powerful toolkit' we were expecting. :( Is there a way for the SSM to work alongside the SOM without overriding the SOM's missions? And why does the wiki quickstart code no longer work in OA?

Edited by SkyDice

Yeah I tried the scripting with the SSM and the SecOps still no dice. :( Oh well we can hope BIX fixes this in the patch. Devtracker?