Sign in to follow this  
fetrauk

ARMA 2 OA shooting sound

Hi

Is there any way of modifying the shooting sound and boom sounds like the mods ace sm and hifi mods out there do without using "mods"?, the thing is that i play only online and mostly warfare Benny edition OA and those damn servers dont allow mods.., and thats not like theres alot of servers with BE so you cant just avoid those servers that just dont allow modding (they dont got those sound mods keys..), its just sooo annoying!. its a great game but i just cant stand the poor sound from fireing a gun or throwing a grenade after been playing some with mods.

a perfect expamle is the M107 sound with hifi sound mod.., so wounderful!!

And another question, whats the meaning of those keys for mods?

I think with keys servers can decide what mods they allow, and what not.

There is no way to change the sound but mod, I mean.. isnt that obvious?

When you change something in game its modified and so its a mod.:p

Welp I suppose one example of an issue with that is someone could change the sound of a gunshot with a much more directionally recognisable sound and effectively get an advantage over you, ie. cheat.

In a game like Warfare where there's mostly AI anyway, it shouldn't be a big deal. I for one am having trouble playing with no sound mod [sCAR sound is atrocious]. Problem is; there's no sound mod out for OA yet. :(

In a game like Warfare where there's mostly AI anyway, it shouldn't be a big deal. I for one am having trouble playing with no sound mod [sCAR sound is atrocious]. Problem is; there's no sound mod out for OA yet. :(

Well I have been running ACE SM and all HIFI mods from ARMA2 for OA and it works great in singleplayer, also hosted a own Warfare BE multiplay with some friends, its still the same game..

Neither ACE SM nor HiFi currently replace the sounds of any of the weapons or vehicles introduced with OA.

In regards to your question no, it isn't really possible for you to have it without using a mod. It's unfortunate indeed, but it's purpose is to keep a level playing ground where everyone sees and hears as much of the same things as possible. It also helps keeping some of the more rudimentary and basic cheats out. You may still be able to find a server or two which allow mods if they exist, however.

Well I have been running ACE SM and all HIFI mods from ARMA2 for OA and it works great in singleplayer, also hosted a own Warfare BE multiplay with some friends, its still the same game..

Yeah I meant specifically listening to the SCAR is terrible. It's so bad I'll choose an AK (still has crappy sounds) over it even though I think there's one AK with TI/TWS.

Welp I suppose one example of an issue with that is someone could change the sound of a gunshot with a much more directionally recognisable sound and effectively get an advantage over you, ie. cheat.

And they could replace the shot sound with one that plays "I'm over here!" ;)

And they could replace the shot sound with one that plays "I'm over here!" ;)

Haha, or just replace all the weapons with the sounds of farm animals :D -> Cod2, was awesome.