Sign in to follow this  
muniek85

[Warfare] Defences and soldiers that men them.

[edit: its about Warfare multiplayer mode]

Hello.

Recently i have bought ARMA II, and then after few days i have switched to ARMA II - Operation Arrowhead. Im having a blast in this game. Im discovering new and new in-game features and its all just awesome.

However i cant find out how those defences works... When i build a defence like MG nest, AA turret, tripods etc., after a while they are manned with some soldiers.

1. Where does those soldiers comes from? Who are they? Who gets money for kills that they gonna do?

2. Will they respawn if they are killed or the corpse will remain at those defences' positions?

3. Will those soldiers men the defences i will build far away from base by repair truck?

4. I have seen some defences manned and others empty - what determinates that?

5. will they get out of ammo? Will i need to resupply them?

Thanks in advance for any answers or tips.

Regards

Muniek

Edited by muniek85

yes about Warfare. I thought thats the main multiplayer mode. Sorry i have ate that information. Cant find the way now to change the thread name :S

yes i thought that too... but didnt noticed the "go advances" button in editing. :) Here it is :) Hope im gonna get some answers :D Its hard to montage some nice defence while i dont know how they work :P

MP modes belong in the MP forum, complicated system we enforce here sorry ;) Moving :)

I'm guessing this is about Warfare? If so, you should say that in the title.

There is still one question: Is it BIS Warfare or any custom warfare?

Anyway ... if youre asking about Warfare BE these men are auto spawned at barracks within a specific range that should be about 200m around barracks.

and yes, they run out of ammo ... dunno if they can be rearmed.

how about respawning when one get killed?

I think, if one is killed, a new soldier will spawn at the barraks and man the defence. But mostly, the defences are destroyed by the enemy with their gunners...

If you put a defence far away of your bases, then you need to man them with your own soldiers. But remember, there is a maximum of units you can buy.

Keep in mind, the aforementioned feedback only applies to Warfare BE, which is a community mod.

In Arrowhead's own Warfare missions, the gunners in defences are spawned by the "town garrison"; a group of AI units that patrols and protects a town after it has been conquered. The size and armament of this group is determined by the Supply Value of said town, which means that:

- They will only man defences within a radius of a town controlled by you

- > So not at captured camps in enemy towns

- > And not at camps built far away from friendly towns

- They will do so as long as the local Supply Level is high enough

- Losses will respawn after some time

- Defences will slowly rearm over time

oh thanks a lot! :)

I think the original one sounds more compleling to me :)

I will let myself abuse your attention and ask another question if you dont mind:

Can i somwhere find the full comparision of the original and Benny Edition Warfare mods?

btw...

In my game servers browser there is only Warfare BE... none server plays original Warfare :(

So in this Benny Edition soldiers do not spawns in defences built in/around towns?

Edited by muniek85

oh thanks a lot! :)

I think the original one sounds more compleling to me :)

I will let myself abuse your attention and ask another question if you dont mind:

Can i somwhere find the full comparision of the original and Benny Edition Warfare mods?

btw...

In my game servers browser there is only Warfare BE... none server plays original Warfare :(

So in this Benny Edition soldiers do not spawns in defences built in/around towns?

I heard once that you could buy a unit; put it into a defence; then make it leave your group (IDK how). This causes it to stay in the defence until death...

I don't know if you get the kills, and I would assume that they wouldn't respawn/rearm on their own.

This was 'found' in normal Arma 2 and I haven’t tried out since.