Sign in to follow this  
waycool

[OA] TWS on off?

How do you go to normal vision on TWS sights? I have been able to toggle white hot and black hot with n key but had normal vision in tws once but for the life of me do not know what I pressed.

Edited by Waycool

I think it depends on weapon and scope. Tank and vehicle optics can have FLIR off I guess, but handheld weapons FLIR optics can't.

One time I had a TWS equipped rifle and the tws was off at on point. It seems to me they should be able to turn this on and off??

If you turn off a TI sight battery all you'll see is black since it relies on electricity to display the image. TI sights can display thermal energy, not the visible light spectrum.

ahhhh that makes sense Juggernaut I somehow lost the tws and did just have a regular view through the sight. In realife combat tws equipped troops use it 100% of time then>?

ahhhh that makes sense Juggernaut I somehow lost the tws and did just have a regular view through the sight. In realife combat tws equipped troops use it 100% of time then>?

Once I had the same thing, but it was the first time I used the sight. I switched to Optics and FLIR was off (normal view), then I turned off and on again and it behaved as normal from there. Haven't seen it since.

I've never had this issue, odd.

Troops don't use TWS 100% of the time because they'd have to constantly be looking down their sights limiting their FOV. Troops [not sure of Army, speaking about USMC here] usually use NVGs. When they enter a combat situation they raise their goggles to their hairline so they can look down their TWS sight at their target(s).

PS. The USMC use TI much more than the US Army. US Army uses it more for black ops whereas the USMC uses it within Force Recon [lots of troops in there, not usually classified ops]. Kinda funny that BIS has this reversed. I guess they just didn't think to implement the TI technology into their engine until developing OA.

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

PS. The USMC use TI much more than the US Army. US Army uses it more for black ops whereas the USMC uses it within Force Recon [lots of troops in there, not usually classified ops]. Kinda funny that BIS has this reversed. I guess they just didn't think to implement the TI technology into their engine until developing OA.

They may have armed the US Army regulars with TWS due to the time being a bit futuristic, although I think it would be best if the TWS was limited\restricted to the Delta Force units.

The Army does use TI/TWS in regular units as well, even in the modern day. What I was saying earlier is the USMC uses it more often and has more TWS units in their armory, so it'd make sense to have the USMC be equipped with the TI/TWS rather than the US Army (preferably both). We mount TWSs to our M16A4s and M4A1 rifles and even some of our missile launchers that have rails equipped.