Sign in to follow this  
JuggernautOfWar

Operation Arrowhead AI Question

In Operation Arrowhead the AI seems to be more aware of his surroundings and very cautious in general, which is almost always a good thing. However when I want my subordinates to quickly board a vehicle, it's not gonna happen because they have to scan the entire horizon every three seconds it seems. This even happens while they are set to "safe" combat awareness. I've also noticed a new red crosshair icon in my troops "unit card" at the bottom, is this related?

There are no icons showing for safe and aware, a red one for danger, and a blue one for stealth. Sometimes you can set them to ease up all you want but it just won't happen. Has annoyed the hell out of me since long time. Loading a saved game seems to make everything worse. I managed to get myself killed on that sniping mission from falling off a small rock ( :( ) and had to reload. After that the formation was completely screwed up.

I usually do: All StandUp, All Disengage, All board CAR.

Sometimes it works unless they feel like they still need to be in danger, which 9 times, well 8 times out of 10 is correct.

Something has to be wrong! i was in a T-55 on MP... we took an RPG round which disabled the tank and the crew bailed... we killed the enemy on foot.. then i repaired the tank and ordered the crew to enter it. they took about 5 minutes real time just scanning around!! i changed them to safe they just would not move! (and yes the tank was fully repaired) by the time one a.i entered i was destroyed by incoming enemies! very frustrating.

Yeah this is very annoying. I'm glad more people are having this issue though, and not just me. I never ad this happen in A2 before.

Yea to be honest I'd really like a "With haste!" command which just makes the AI sprint as fast as possible to whatever location its currently on its way to. I played a mission today where I had to get an AI squad to a chopper extraction about 100 metres away after an objective had been met. Even with no enemies present it took about 10 minutes real time as they all lay down and looked everywhere before moving.

Still, in general the more cautious AI is a big improvement over release AI.

"With haste" would just be a workaround. There is something fundamentally wrong somewhere that must be fixed. Maybe it will completely fix the problem, maybe it won't. But "With haste" must not be implemented so that the underlying problem is ignored. Just try it when you haven't been engaged - swapping modes work and they do seem to operate under decent speeds. Even reloading a mission causes complete breakdown of the formation (from what I've seen anyway).

Yea to be honest I'd really like a "With haste!" command which just makes the AI sprint as fast as possible to whatever location its currently on its way to. I played a mission today where I had to get an AI squad to a chopper extraction about 100 metres away after an objective had been met. Even with no enemies present it took about 10 minutes real time as they all lay down and looked everywhere before moving.

Still, in general the more cautious AI is a big improvement over release AI.

I would welcome this

Yeah, sometimes they get stuck in 'Danger' mode even if you give the 'safe' command.

I think its the AI system (auto reactions) conflicting with orders given by the commander.

'With haste' or just a 'fast' command would be great to override the auto AI.

"With haste" would just be a workaround. There is something fundamentally wrong somewhere that must be fixed. Maybe it will completely fix the problem, maybe it won't. But "With haste" must not be implemented so that the underlying problem is ignored. Just try it when you haven't been engaged - swapping modes work and they do seem to operate under decent speeds. Even reloading a mission causes complete breakdown of the formation (from what I've seen anyway).

Avoid making a workaround!!?? Carl i must tell you, the BIS community is the best community in the world at creating work rounds, and you want to deniy them this!! disgusting!! lol :D

Maybe just make the AI "follow orders to the word" unless in rediculous circumstances ie tanks within 25m :rolleyes:

Ehh, huh, whut? I suggest you try then... Don't mix in "BIS community" in this. I don't want to deny anyone anything. I'm understanding "With Haste" to be a new command that BIS was supposed to put it, not us. Afaik we don't have access to low level commands at all (except for vehicles), and especially not reprogramming them. Feel free to show me where and how if you know though.

But feel free, have a blast. But I couldn't use it if it was addon based.