Sign in to follow this  
victim913

Anyone able to use RTE with OA yet?

More people keep asking, so i edited this first message in order to explain instructions together.

Open RTE Capture,

Select Options/Profile,

Change the box that says Armed Assault executable from:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\arma2.exe

to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\arma2OA.exe- or wherever your arma2OA.exe is.

Then look at the bottom RTE Capture

Check off the box that says Use RTE Capture DLL

To use it. open RTE Capture and launch the game from Capture

Make sure RTE is checked off in the games expansions section. It doesn't connect right away when the game starts. Usually takes a minute or two, usually after CBA comes on. Same when editing, for me at least, once the game opens, right when you start to do something, CBA pops up, loads, then you should be able to access it.

Edited by victim913

Yep having the same problem here. Looked all over with no luck. I have reconfigured it like 4 different ways and have the same problem. Might try posting to the OP web site now. If I get an answer ill post it.

Yep, amongst my most used tools. The 3D editor ... well, I'd prefer to still be using RTE at this point. :D

I got it working. You need to open RTE. Then open profiles. then on profiles, where it says Armed Assault Executable? Change it to this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\arma2OA.exe.

I did a bunch of other stuff too, but ended up starting back to that. So i'm pretty sure thats all you need to do.

Make sure to launch arma from rte capture, and make sure that you have @rte (orwhatever you have it as) enabled in the expansion section of the game.

I can launch the game with RTE and use it in the editor, that parts fine. But no connection with RTE Capture in the process. Which is the part really missed here. ;)

If your Capture is working though, I'd sure like to know what else you did :D

You have to launch the game from the Capture. I used to launch the game, then i pushed the "Activate Monitoring" once the game came on.

Now it does it automatically. The difference now with OA, is that it turns on the expansions after the game comes on. Before when we put the @rte...etc. in the shortcut, they all came on at the same time. I always get an error about some scope thing when i use RTE. To me, that is the signal that tells me RTE finally connected. Then I go back to Capture and I see it automatically connected.

Go back to Capture/profile, look down at the bottom and make sure the use RTE Capture DLL is checked. on mine it wasn't. I think that was what made it finally work.

Sweet. Thanks for the info, I'm at peace now.

Needed the .dll, and it connects to capture after you launch a mission. All like you mention, (I had the same process before) works great. Thanks again :D

Now when you say

Check off the box that says Use RTE Capture DLL

Do you mean check it or uncheck it?

I am trying to Run OA from RTE Capture but it always gives me the error saying An Error happened while injecting the DLL and the status sits at Inactive. What do I do?

I can load RTE Editor up in any mission but I cannot export because it says it cannot establish a connection.

I also get lots of missing file popups

This is what my Profile Settings look like

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/1579/profilejh.jpg

If you could give me any help at all that would be great thanks.

Edited by Toasticuss

Do you have latest version? Yours looks a little different. At the bottom of your picture, it says RTE capture at the bottom, sectioned off, but you do not have the checkbox that says use RTECApture DLL. Mine has an option under that that you check off.

Second, uncheck all of the boxes in the addons section. You might be having problems because you have RTE checked off. But uncheck them all, and when you open the game, check them off under the expansions section. If you have them checked off in the game, and in the RTE then you are doubling them up.

This is what mine looks like: http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b85/stitchedinhell/RTEprofile.jpg

I always get one error that says "drysound is not a class (scope....blah,blah..etc.) That actually tells me it's working. if that doesn't come on, then I know it's not working.

Do you have latest version? Yours looks a little different. At the bottom of your picture, it says RTE capture at the bottom, sectioned off, but you do not have the checkbox that says use RTECApture DLL. Mine has an option under that that you check off.

Second, uncheck all of the boxes in the addons section. You might be having problems because you have RTE checked off. But uncheck them all, and when you open the game, check them off under the expansions section. If you have them checked off in the game, and in the RTE then you are doubling them up.

This is what mine looks like: http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b85/stitchedinhell/RTEprofile.jpg

I always get one error that says "drysound is not a class (scope....blah,blah..etc.) That actually tells me it's working. if that doesn't come on, then I know it's not working.

Okay, well think you could send me the link to where you got yours at?

Your profiles looks exactly the same to me. Is there a DLL that I need to get?

When you say checked off do you mean unchecked?

Checked.

Latest version is available from: HERE (1.54)

I was using that version, Online Setup. Still gave me the error.

I been trying to follow these instructions and wound up with an error I didnt used to get and that is

Variable ion_dsm2_cm_curctrl does not support serialization and should not be stored in mission name space

When using the RTE can i use both editors??? Id like to learn more about this thing.

Toast, what kind of errors are you getting? I got some when i was using the beta patch. So i don't use beta when using rte. Like i said I always get one error. I do remember getting an injection warning in the past but don't remember why, if you give me the exact warning message i can maybe remember how i got around it.

Also you said that our profiles look the same:confused:. Yours looks way different. Your arma2 tab has no options under any topics. You do not have the box that I am telling you to check off. So your question about checked and unchecked is irrelevant. You don't have the option for either. Make your Capture look like mine.

Do you have Arma2 or only OA? It might be a problem with the location. If you do have arma2 you might be getting the exe from the wrong location.

Did you uncheck all the addons boxes like I suggested and checked them on (enabled) them in the game?

Maybe try this, tell me what is enabled in your expansion list in OA or take a pic. Then take a pic of your latest rtecapture, then maybe you can show me a pic of what you windows explorer looks like so i can see the structure of how your files are placed. You have steam so it might organize them a little different. You can black out anything else you don't want anyone to see,. And you can also send me a pm of the pics if you don't want anyone seeing them. I remember that injection message myself but it was a while ago maybe seeieng yours will refresh my memory.

BREEZE, what both editors are you talking about? Are you new to RTE? it could be you aren't using it right or something minor may be doing it. How it works is you use the 2d editor and do what ever you want in there. Then you push preview to preview the mission and while in preview mode, push esc and select Real Time Editor. When if finishes loading then you do what you want. Export all, then wait a while then push alt tab, to go to desk top and see that everything exported to RTE capture, then save it, then click data, merge with mission sqm and it will ask you what mission to add it to. then You can go back to the game, and escape out of the RTE back into the game, exit back to the 2d editor, then reload the mission,, and all your modifications should now be there. then you can edit them in 2d. You will need to.

Because the RTE adds a dostop command in most or all of the units you added in rte. So any waypoints you add will not work, so you need to remove the dostop from at least the leaders of each group, If you remove it from everyone, then tehy won't stay where you put them, they will regroup. And some units may have "formation" set in the special box, so you need to change that to none unless you want them to go into formation.

Also in cargo, does not work in RTE, so you have to modify it back in 2d editor. So you actually need to use both. Use RTE when you want to see where you place units and need detailed stuff. Use 2d editor for all the orders and commands and puttinganything in the init files, etc.

The best part of RTE is that when you have units where you want, you can push play and watch them do what you told them to do, then you can see where you need to make modifications right on the spot. But once they go into 2d editor, the play and stop wont affect units that are already placed. Only new units that are on the RTE program that you currently have on your editor will be affected.

Look on their website for some general info and instructions. I have somehow become an unofficial spokeperson i think.:p

Toast, what kind of errors are you getting? I got some when i was using the beta patch. So i don't use beta when using rte. Like i said I always get one error. I do remember getting an injection warning in the past but don't remember why, if you give me the exact warning message i can maybe remember how i got around it.

Also you said that our profiles look the same:confused:. Yours looks way different. Your arma2 tab has no options under any topics. You do not have the box that I am telling you to check off. So your question about checked and unchecked is irrelevant. You don't have the option for either. Make your Capture look like mine.

Do you have Arma2 or only OA? It might be a problem with the location. If you do have arma2 you might be getting the exe from the wrong location.

Did you uncheck all the addons boxes like I suggested and checked them on (enabled) them in the game?

Maybe try this, tell me what is enabled in your expansion list in OA or take a pic. Then take a pic of your latest rtecapture, then maybe you can show me a pic of what you windows explorer looks like so i can see the structure of how your files are placed. You have steam so it might organize them a little different. You can black out anything else you don't want anyone to see,. And you can also send me a pm of the pics if you don't want anyone seeing them. I remember that injection message myself but it was a while ago maybe seeieng yours will refresh my memory.

BREEZE, what both editors are you talking about? Are you new to RTE? it could be you aren't using it right or something minor may be doing it. How it works is you use the 2d editor and do what ever you want in there. Then you push preview to preview the mission and while in preview mode, push esc and select Real Time Editor. When if finishes loading then you do what you want. Export all, then wait a while then push alt tab, to go to desk top and see that everything exported to RTE capture, then save it, then click data, merge with mission sqm and it will ask you what mission to add it to. then You can go back to the game, and escape out of the RTE back into the game, exit back to the 2d editor, then reload the mission,, and all your modifications should now be there. then you can edit them in 2d. You will need to.

Because the RTE adds a dostop command in most or all of the units you added in rte. So any waypoints you add will not work, so you need to remove the dostop from at least the leaders of each group, If you remove it from everyone, then tehy won't stay where you put them, they will regroup. And some units may have "formation" set in the special box, so you need to change that to none unless you want them to go into formation.

Also in cargo, does not work in RTE, so you have to modify it back in 2d editor. So you actually need to use both. Use RTE when you want to see where you place units and need detailed stuff. Use 2d editor for all the orders and commands and puttinganything in the init files, etc.

The best part of RTE is that when you have units where you want, you can push play and watch them do what you told them to do, then you can see where you need to make modifications right on the spot. But once they go into 2d editor, the play and stop wont affect units that are already placed. Only new units that are on the RTE program that you currently have on your editor will be affected.

Look on their website for some general info and instructions. I have somehow become an unofficial spokeperson i think.:p

Would you mind team viewing my computer to look at the problem? Taking multiple pictures and typing up responses would take more time then needed.

Ok I haven't had time to really go through this until now I would really like to get this working but I am having more problems then anyone else I am reading here.

First Error I get when starting is the DLL Injection error and after that I am told that

Addon "ION_RTEV Requires addon Warfare_Buildings_Twice_Static

The game changes screen as I hit ok and moves to another screen still not fully into the game and I get

Variable ION_DSM2_CM_CurCtrl does not support serialization and should not be stored in a mission namespace.

We hit ok and go one more screen in

No Entry bin\configbin\Ion_RTE_Editor\controls object list_liste.scrollbar

And I am like WTF this is crazy!!!

I remove the RTE and I have no errors at all.

So any Ideas? I have downloaded the most recent version from the blog 1.54

I am running windows 7 64 bit o/s

Game Runs fairly well settings run at almost 30 frames per/sec on high settings

I'm not new to setting up mods I mean I'm comfortable with most setups and yet I am feeling quite lost

Try posting this in the RTE thread. Thye author may see it and be able to help. If there is a problem with OA it should be posted there. I haven't tried it since OA came out so I can't provide any answers.

Good luck.

I agree. I got it working for me, but beyond that I have no idea how to help you guys. So my advise is to ask the creator. You should be able to email him. I did a couple times and he always responded.

I have tried to post in every RTE thread I can find I guess this is something they are not going to further develop?

I`am also has proplems with RTE in my chase i also See into game CBA and RTE are started also i can use it into the editor. But didnt can Export to mission sqm

If i start arma2oa from RTE side i get Error popup "An error happend while injecting the DLL."

How i can resolve the prolem .?

Thanks