Sign in to follow this  
byeohazard

controller of choice for flying aircraft?

Joysticks have no hope of reaching the efficiency and precision of mouse and keyboard.

Yes, that is why they use keyboard and mouse in RL fighter planes too.:p

Saitek Cyborg evo and TrackIR, perfect for hovering with the throttle.

I use Xbox360 controller for on foot and vehicles, using mouse for aiming.

Logitech Extreme 3D pro, cheap, effective, simple.

Efficiency & response time you mean. I have a lot of problems with the rudder while strafing enemy units w/ K+M. Most joysticks have rudder control by turning the stick, not to mention thrust levers.

I have rudder set to Z and X. It's rather binary but adequate for most situations.

Yes, that is why they use keyboard and mouse in RL fighter planes too.:p

Arma 2 isn't RL. You can tell by the simplified flight model and poor joystick controls, especially linear axes that make both aiming and sharp maneuvers tedious.

I have rudder set to Z and X. It's rather binary but adequate for most situations.

Arma 2 isn't RL. You can tell by the simplified flight model and poor joystick controls, especially linear axes that make both aiming and sharp maneuvers tedious.

there some magick you can do in the .cfg just ask your local voodoo master about it :p

My Saitek X52 Pro set works as good in OA now as it does in Lock On or DCS: Blackshark.

there some magick you can do in the .cfg just ask your local voodoo master about it :p

My Saitek X52 Pro set works as good in OA now as it does in Lock On or DCS: Blackshark.

Can you share those magick .cfg tricks with me ? I have a x52 pro and I'm having a hard time setting it up to looks like dcs blackshark

Thanks