Sign in to follow this  
jpinard

Copy waypoints sets from one vehicle to opposing side vehicle?

Is this possible? I made a whole long set of complicated way-points - but did it for the USMC UH-1Y, when I really wanted to do it for the Opfor Takistani's UH-1H.

There is no drop-down for selecting a difference side so I can just change the vehicle which is why I'm asking for a way to copy way-points. Thanks! :)

Is this possible? I made a whole long set of complicated way-points - but did it for the USMC UH-1Y, when I really wanted to do it for the Opfor Takistani's UH-1H.

There is no drop-down for selecting a difference side so I can just change the vehicle which is why I'm asking for a way to copy way-points. Thanks! :)

Just go to the unit mode and select the unit and all the way points by control clicking and then copy and paste. Then on the new pasted one just change the vehicle.

Just go to the unit mode and select the unit and all the way points by control clicking and then copy and paste. Then on the new pasted one just change the vehicle.

I don't think you understood the problem. I need the unit to switch from Blufor to Opfor. What you suggested does not work.

I don't think you understood the problem. I need the unit to switch from Blufor to Opfor. What you suggested does not work.

Oh I'm sorry. Just a theory but maybe you could try copying waypoints out of the mission sqm file.....

...or find that UH-1Y's codes in the mission.sqm file and change the classname and the side. I don't know if it works or not, haven't tried it yet...:confused:

5 small steps.

1. Create the unit you want and place it near the UH-1Y that has the waypoints and set its rank to private.

2. Make sure the UH-1Y isn't top rank.

3. Now group the new unit to the UH-1Y.

4. Set the new unit to highest rank so he becomes the leader of the group. Waypoint snaps to new unit.

5. Delete the UH-1Y, job done.

5 small steps.

1. Create the unit you want and place it near the UH-1Y that has the waypoints and set its rank to private.

4. Set the new unit to highest rank so he becomes the leader of the group. Waypoint snaps to new unit.

Simple and brilliant :)

5 small steps.

Wow, I didn't know you could drag a group line between opposing sides. Cool!

Thanks for all the help everyone!