Sign in to follow this  
sas troop

Room clearing techniques

I wonder if anyone has some materials of room clearing or killhouse trainings from various countries? Me and my team want to learn something about this (both ArmA 2 and ASG), but we currently lack of materials (and want check various models from NATO countries to choose which one fits us the most)

I know we have many (ex)militaries who can help me finding this out, so I really appreciate any help.

Never send a person when you can send a bullet. Never send a bullet when you can send a grenade. :) That and Pie-ing a corner are the biggies imo.

• Like 1

-fast instict shooting in short distances. Proper weapon handling.

-Stacking while preparing to enter room.

-Movement in streets and in building.

-Entering methods to building

There are opinions that soldiers don't have to train for MOUT but little if their skills other wise are good. Most important feature of MOUT-specialized training is movement on streets.

Modern MOUT training programs often are more about COIN-ops than actual hot shooting wars with low civilian population in vicinity. But ofcourse there's tons of tricks which work in both ways... Room clearing by far is not one of them in my opinion. It often has too much value placed on it and often it's imagined to be main way to deal with opposition while i reality it works mostly if you have element of surprise favoring you. If you don't have to worry about civilians youd better to deal opposition with explosives, AT-weapons, grenadelaunchers and pretty much anything highly exploding/burning firepower you can muster.

But as you asked about room clearing methods: What i know and am familiar with is that you have door man and 2-4 stormers, usually room size is rather small. Room of appartment. I don't find familar method from Serclaes's link, so i will try to express it by words. Last man in stack informs that he is ready to guy infront of him, who when he's prepared informs guy in front of him. (usually by strong squeezing grip of arm) When first guy gets informed that guy behind him is prepared he give small signal to door man. When he slams/breaches door and at that moment stack moves forward. Idea is that all guy lean into guy infront of him. When frontal guy start to move forward guy behind follows him by gravity and so on. That way stack starts to move more like one unit instead of long column. This is basically one of most vital aspects for whole thing and i'm pretty sure you can't do it in ArmA.

From there tactic and movement can be suitted for need. We often sent 1st guy to opposite corner of room and he basically checked all directions while fastly storming thru room, right front, left were his sectors. Sounds pretty risky but i think he has to keep on moving because he's first one to get shot at. Guys behind him took closest two corners, checking them and then starting to provide overwatch for 1st guy, right front or left front were sectors here. Idea was to get remaining opposition which didn't get wiped out in first seconds for clearing into crossfire from 2-3 sides.

After that all guys report that they have clear sectors and from there room clearing process moves on to next door.

But movement and firing sectors can be swapped along the way... But it naturally it requires some large amount of drilling to get to point when you can change tactics on the fly and still expect guys to reform reliably and fastly. We never got that far, but were happy if we could do the drill with multiple rooms in varying outlets and perform almost flawlessly. There was always problems with sectors and directions where men were expected to move. Along with obstacles, such as couches or tables, on the way.

Safe weapon handling is vital. all but first men keep barrel aimed at floor, and lifts it along with removing safety only at door. He also has to make sure that in room he doesn't point his gun anytime at friendlies while he swaps his sectors. We had small web-camers attached to barrel and instructor expected that friendly team mate never were visible in camera-footage. Tricker than what it sounds and 1st guy (as he was in opposite wall of room) often ended up in footage. sh!tty business to be the first guy :D

Indeed this doesn't cover short rooms or rooms with exits.

In german army you constantly call what you see and do. So the first one would call "SHORT ROOM" "WINDOW FAR SIDE - CLEAR" "DOOR RIGHT - COVERED" while the second gets in and shouts "DOOR LEFT - COVERED".

I normally start from top to bottom because of the dust, also start from the opposite side of the door and then to the door ways.

If you want to clean all house, start with your kitchen, last area should be your bathroom because of the bacterias.

Use a vacuum cleaner with a deposit bag or water to prevent bacterias and dust to spread around the house. If you want to use a cloth, use it semi wet.

Image67.86215248.gif

Good luck and happy house cleaning! :)

I normally start from top to bottom because of the dust, also start from the opposite side of the door and then to the door ways.

If you want to clean all house, start with your kitchen, last area should be your bathroom because of the bacterias.

Use a vacuum cleaner with a deposit bag or water to prevent bacterias and dust to spread around the house. If you want to use a cloth, use it semi wet.

Image67.86215248.gif

Good luck and happy house cleaning! :)

:j: ....

:don 11:, Bravo6 - you've got balls :S :cc: :rotfl:

Its easier with 7 (if you count with the door man) and faster.

As i said, the door is always the last spot. :)

Thank you for all your infos and links, especially Serclaer's and Second's infos.

Bravo 6, in the future I will try to get some Portuguese Army training, may come in handy :D

And then you enter the room and hit the evemy with Vacuum Cleaner! If he is still alive, finish him with a spoooon!

Pick up the game "the Regiment".

it plays like Americas army. 2 SAS guys off the telly will teach you how to do it the SAS way. Using a combination of video footage and shouting at you in AA styled training levels.

The game plays like Ravenshield....but you don't use the same tactics.

It;'s a fun little 4 player co-op too. Well worth it.