ShadeCrenshaw

ArmA II / OA Installation problems

I just bought the retail CO from the bistore yesterday. Spent all night downloading A2, go to install this morning, put in key, then get an read file error saying that Battleye.exe is missing.

Google hasn't turned up results, and searching brings up everything else. What do I do?

ETA: I believe I fixed it. I had left the sprocket downloader open. Once I hit stop and closed it, I was able to finish installation.

Edited by sonanth

Downloaded OA from the Bis store. When I try to install I get an error Message that says "file read error: C:\Users\Jman\Documents\ARMA2Patch_1_09.exe.xz"

On the setup window it says "source: C:\Users\Jman\Documents\ARMA2Patch_1_09.exe.xz"

Am I missing something? This file does not exist. Is it coming from the OA install? Do I need to download something else oris my install corrupted. The sproket window said file missing but it also said it was at 100%.

After clicking on the Launcher a pop-up come up saying "The program can't start because X3DAudio1-6.dll is missing from your

computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

I don't know what to do can someone please help me?

After clicking on the Launcher a pop-up come up saying "The program can't start because X3DAudio1-6.dll is missing from your

computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

I don't know what to do can someone please help me?

Install directX 9.

When I installed the game, and tried starting it up, it told me that smething was corrupted during the download/install. So I verified the game cache, it said a single file was missing, but it wouldn't downlad the file, and I tried this several times. So I finally decided to re-install the game, still didn't work. Idk what t d, if anybody can help.

Ps. My "O" key is a little messed up, so that's why some of my words are a little messed up.

Ive installed it but when i try to run it it says

----------------------------------------------------------

Error: Shader Model 2 not supported anymore

----------------------------------------------------------

Any Ideas?:confused:

Do you meet the minimum requirements of a Shader Model 3 graphics card?

Hi,

I have installed arma2 and the 3-in-1 arma 2 OA installer (also having BAF+PMC DLCs in it) from my Arma X retail box.

But my version is coming up as 1.59.xx95 (dont remember xx :| )

So, can I apply the v.1.60 update directly? or should I install the arma 2 patch v.1.11 first and then install v.1.60 patch?

Also, I got to see this error message just at the end of installing disc 4 (disc for OA 3-in-1 installer):http://i46.tinypic.com/2co61pe.png (215 kB)

Is it normal?

UPDATE: I saw this and now i got it :D

but ssup with the error message(in the screenshot above)? :|

Regards,

sky770

Edited by sky770

Do you meet the minimum requirements of a Shader Model 3 graphics card?

I have no idea how to check but if minecraft doesnt work due to bad video card drivers i dont think so

I just installed ArmA 2 and Operation Arrowhead from the Steam store. When I attempt to launch them, they both come up with errors preventing launch:

ArmA 2:

"Data file too short 'c:\program files(x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\addons.pbo'.

Expected 853343647 B, got 660602880 B"

Operation Arrowhead:

"No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgInGameUI/MPTable.shadow'."

and

"Data file too short 'c:\program files(x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\addons.pbo'.

If anyone is familiar with how to resolve these issues, help would be greatly appreciated.

I just installed ArmA 2 and Operation Arrowhead from the Steam store. When I attempt to launch them, they both come up with errors preventing launch:

ArmA 2:

Operation Arrowhead:

"No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgInGameUI/MPTable.shadow'."

and

If anyone is familiar with how to resolve these issues, help would be greatly appreciated.

Got the same problem here, already tryied deleting the Addons folder, checking the game cache, launching straight from the launcher, but nothing works.

Hi,

I've checked that my laptop meets the minimum requirements for this game, but the install wizard stalls during downloading from the disk.

Does anyone have a solution to this issue? Perhaps it's been discussed on a different thread.... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I recently bought Arma 2 from Amazon today, and i fully downloaded Arma 2 & Operation Arrowhead. As I was installing, it asked for a CD-Key. I downloaded the game straight from Amazon, so I didn't get the actual game. It says find it in the back of my field manual. But i don't know if i even have one. Can someone please help me out with downloading!

Presumably you should have received your CD key in an email from Amazon, we have nothing to do with them or their distribution system so I can only suggest you contact them directly.

when i try to start the game it starts to load then a pop up saysno entry bin/config,bin/cfgingameui/mptaple.shadow . then when i click ok it starts to load again then there is another pop up that says error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0 . then i click ok then it stops the loading. How to i fix this i want to play the game

when i try to start the game it starts to load then a pop up saysno entry bin/config,bin/cfgingameui/mptaple.shadow . then when i click ok it starts to load again then there is another pop up that says error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0 . then i click ok then it stops the loading. How to i fix this i want to play the game

Just browse the sticky topics on this very same troubleshooting forum and you'll find the answer !

When I try to open Arma 2: Combined Operations it just opens a window with lines of code then disappears, and the game doesnt open. Also, when I try to open Arma 2: Arrowhead it comes up with 2 errors:

1. Error with bin\Config.bin/CfgInGameUI/MPTable.shadow

2. Error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0

Should I try to download Arrowhead again or does anyone have anyother method of fixing this as its preventing me from playing DayZ?

Edit 1: just read the post above

My apologies to everyone, I must post twice in order to PM a member for specific instructions.

---------- Post added at 20:17 ---------- Previous post was at 20:15 ----------

Once again, my apologies.

---------- Post added at 20:22 ---------- Previous post was at 20:17 ----------

Title says it all. I will try Gamestop customer service when they open in the morning.

Im seeking help to this problem.

Heres how it goes ArmaII works fine with no problems what so ever not even lag. Now operation arrowhead is a different story, I click play on steam app. I see the boxes that get checked off one by one and I get the following message No entry'bin/config.bin/CfgIngameUI/MPtable.shadow'. then boxes continue geting checked off and then game loads up then crashed to desktop with the Message Error compiling Pixel Shader PSSpecular Alpha:0 I have tried Uninstalling and reinstalling , verifing game info and have found like 3 registry errors with the game is this normal ?

Hello

I am re installimh ARMAII on a refomatted re installed WIN7 pc as I got the BSOD with win7.

I get multiple CRC file errors for 20 of the *.pbo files. I got the same error with the file ilj15.dll, then the message, "Setup encountered an error. Application may not work properly". The install files came from store.bistudio. I direclty downloaded the files and then downloaded them via sprocket from the CA and IL mirrors. Three times in all.

Same instal errors.

What is going wrong?

It sounds like a corrupt download you're saying you've tried both manually downloading the files as well as using Sprocket to download them? You can check your files by using Quickpar and this par file, should end up like so:

arma2par.jpg

Edit: Here's the OA par

Which should end up like so:

oapar.jpg

Edited by Placebo

It sounds like a corrupt download you're saying you've tried both manually downloading the files as well as using Sprocket to download them? You can check your files by using Quickpar and this par file, should end up like so:

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/1286/arma2par.jpg

Edit: Here's the OA par

Which should end up like so:

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/2631/oapar.jpg

I did that and all files came up green and so I reinstalled and perfect. I'm thinking I have not used the new downloads, just an old corrupt one (shakes head)

Bo

Aha I see, well glad it's sorted now, just remember to patch 1.60 then 1.62 :)