Sign in to follow this  
Z.agge

(OA) Walking in plane cargo

Hey! I tried searching this, but couldn't find anything useful so here's the problem:

As you see in Operation Arrowhead parachute training mission, player is now able to move in C130 cargo. I'd like to import that to my mission, but I don't know how. I managed to put the player in the plane, when the plane is on the ground, with this in players init:

this setpos [(getpos this select 0), (getpos this select 1), 1]

It works partially. The player can move in the cargo, but if the plane takes off, the player will fall through the cargo door and die. Other problem is, that I don't know how to open C130 cargo doors in OA. I used the animations from ArmA 2, but they didn't work very well. Thanks in advance!

Sounds like they used a trick in that mission. I'll have to investigate it when I get home. :d:

Simple (ok, maybe not so)...

Hercules is attached to some object on the ground just hundreds of meters above...

So u need something on the ground directly under the place where u want the Hercules should be... Let's say a car...

Name it>..... car and in C-130 init write>...... this attachTo [car, [0,0,desired.height]];

Postion the player the same as earlier and done...

Edited by Max255[PL]

I got all happy when I saw that training mission, enough so that I went into MP and tried to walk in the C-130 to no avail. But, after further investigating, I figured it out.

Empty/Objects (Military)/C-130J Static

Just place it on the ground for now. When you spawn it, you see that it's 4 props are already spinning but not making any sound. Walk to the side of the C-130 (just dance around a bit to find the spot, it's iffy) and you see an action called "Open Cargo Ramp". Walk right on in, and there you go. Honestly, when I figured that out, I walked in, sprinted out and jumped prone just to simulate. :D

I am working on something else now, but later on I'll see about getting this thing in the air. My theory about the SP training mission is that once you exited the plane it was deleted and replaced with a real C-130, which then turned and flew away. I say this because things seem a little jumpy for the 2 seconds from when you jump and when HALO "initiates". I'll keep you posted, or if anyone else wants to take a shot at this.

Thanks everyone! Great ideas. Grimes, I think you're right about that after jumping from the plane, the static model is changed to a real c130. Not only because "things seem a little jumpy", but also because of that when you jump, you always seem to start falling from the same position, no matter how long you wait.

Yes, this training mission simply makes use of the static C130 model. You can tell your not moving anywhere just by looing at the map (and TBH they should have just removed the player's map to make it more immersive). However it is a cool effect. BIS even added a little bit of a rocking motion to the static C130. Enough to be noticable but not enough to mess around with surface collision.

i'd be great if someone would make a sample mission without all the training options etc!

i tried but there is a huge file with loads of unknown commands!

Yeah, I agree. And if someone's going to say "just extract the training mission from the game folders!": I tried, but I couldn't find the mission anywhere. So if someone knows where I can find these missions, I'd really appreciate it!

Yay! Thanks buddy! I see what I can do with it 8)

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

Well... I tried my best finding and editing the scripts etc. but it turned out that BIS have hidden the scripts somewhere. Probably here: "\CA\Missions_e\bootcamp\BootCamp_Shared\bootcamp_init.sqf";

Maybe someone else, a bit more experienced mission maker can take it from here...

I'm not sure but I think the scripts used by BI missions are mostly in FSM

There's a discussion about this here