Sign in to follow this  
jblack9

Installed Combined Ops Can't Hear Radio

I installed Combined Ops, but can't hear the radio when my commander's calling commands? How do i fix this, is this something in the config?

I have the same problem. Bought OA standalone boxed version and installed in in my Arma2 directory. All AI radio chatter is extremely low. My own characters voice sounds normal tho.

I maxed the "radio" slider in audio options but no difference...

I also tried to increase the volume in the config file but only my own characters voice was increased.

I will post dxdiag when i get home from work.

BTW this bug is extremly annoying because sometimes you miss out on info as you dont always have time to read whats been said....

PS no mods are activated...VOP sounds is installed but not activated.

EDIT: I reinstalled OA and ran it without the patch. then radio was good. No prblems. I patch to 1.52 and problem was there again :(

Also weapons fire sounds are also affected to some degree. not as much as radio chatter tho.

EDIT: OK i think i found whats causing this problem...when i change the sound quality for the soundcard radio voices increase or decrease in volume. The higher quality, the lower the volume and vice verse.

Changing quality ingame has not made any difference.

Im uploading a screenshot to show what i mean.

I have a Realtek HD Audio card.

speakersettings.jpg

Edited by fujix

There has to be another way to fix this problem, i've actually noticed the quality of sound is down when set to 16bit.. i never had this problem with arma2 though :S

I have also the same problem as Fujix. Radio chatter is extremely low except mine. But only when I apply the patch. I have also a realtek audio card!

Edited by karlalfred

Any news on this? It's been 3 months, so I am hoping. :)

I have the same issue and fujix's tweak doesn't help at all...