Sign in to follow this  
jdmt

Operation Arrowhead 'Open Season'

See Spoiler:

Doing Open Season, and I want to use the ULB (Unmanned Little Bird), but there is no option for it. Do I have to wait until a certain part in the mission or something?

In the Open Season mission I found the HQ gives you the UAV...

after you complete the first task of destroying the Outpost one valley Northwest from your base.

In the Open Season mission I found the HQ gives you the UAV...

after you complete the first task of destroying the Outpost one valley Northwest from your base.

Note to complete this, blow up the car (and the other vehicle). Then, command the gunner to switch to the M203 MG, and lower yourself enough for him to go to town. He should fire on his own unless you issue a "CEASE FIRE"

this one boggles me. I go to the 1st Objective, complete, and then have control of the ULB. But when using it, my Apache keeps getting shot down. Mission ends. Wondering what I am supposed to do with my Apache while I am controlling the ULB. hehhhehhe

I have been keeping it close to a mountain top with auto-hover engaged. Shoul;d I just land somewhere and turn off the engine? Thx.

this one boggles me. I go to the 1st Objective, complete, and then have control of the ULB. But when using it, my Apache keeps getting shot down. Mission ends. Wondering what I am supposed to do with my Apache while I am controlling the ULB. hehhhehhe

I have been keeping it close to a mountain top with auto-hover engaged. Shoul;d I just land somewhere and turn off the engine? Thx.

I turned on auto-hover and sat above the mountain too. The only different thing it seems that I did was that I sat above and behind the mountain not just above it. You don't need to be able to see your target with the apache only the ULB. You do need a clear line of sight though.

I as well was behind it. I don`t get shot down right away. I notice that there are patrols on the mountain tho. Foot patrols. Am wondering if that is who comes and shoots me down while I`m controlling the ULB.

I as well was behind it. I don`t get shot down right away. I notice that there are patrols on the mountain tho. Foot patrols. Am wondering if that is who comes and shoots me down while I`m controlling the ULB.

Yeah theres a good chance they got you. I would take care of them first.

Not just foot patrols - ZSU's as well! There's, I think, at least two or three stationary AA guns around the mountains, that you better take out first of all. You can easily find them by first spotting a UAZ nearby, then the foot patrol (about 2-3 men) - the gun should be close. I actually took these out by landing the choppa and taking them out on foot :P

After that, you don't really even need the ULB - just put the viewdistance to long enough, pop up above the mountain, target the Shilka/AA pod, fire your missiles, and pop down again. The AA pod is a lot more difficult, but it's still possible.

Took me a bunch of tries though.

Regards,

Wolfrug

i have enough ammo and everything but when i command fire from the ULB i get Acc reading of 0.0 and i red box around my target reticule and nothing else happens

i have enough ammo and everything but when i command fire from the ULB i get Acc reading of 0.0 and i red box around my target reticule and nothing else happens

Yup same problem. In ULB it says Ammo: 0.0. It doesn't change anything when I rearm back at the base ... It seems like I have to kill those stations on foot ... :rolleyes:

EDIT:

Found something

You might want to check this thread out: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=103381

Edited by Ssential