Sign in to follow this  
Curry

Zeroing/Adjusting Weapons in OA

In any case my point, and the point of others, is that zero and range/elevation adjustments mean two entirely different things in the US Army.

As it seems some Armies are really really anal about which words to use for what.

In the German Army you don't say "Lauf" you say "Rohr" (barrel). Lauf would be wrong...

For me it doesn't matter if "zeroing" or "adjusting". It's both the same technically. I'm a civil shooter though...

I just want to make it clear that both are same things but for some it is not. Understood now.

Edited by Curry

Just that in-game, regardless of what faulty term is used, it's elevation adjustment RELATIVE to the zero. The adjustments on a rifle's sight assumes that it has a very specific zero otherwise the knob-adjustments will be totally off.

Say a weapon assumes you zero it at 50m to get the different settings on the sights right. When you turn the knob to 400m it is supposed to hit exactly at 400m. If you zero the weapon at 25m instead the 400m setting on the sights won't hit anywhere near where it is supposed to at 400m. Thus it ain't zeroing. That even applies to sniper rifles with their MIL-dots, since the settings you do the sight is to get a wanted offset from the zero. Not re-adjust the zero itself.

^^^ This. It is all relative. But i do love that they added this, makes waiting for ACE a lot more fun!