Sign in to follow this  
BronzeEagle

the official 3148 release thread

Lt. Drake Jackson......we meet again.

My humble greetings to the skilled briefings maker, you add a very original touch with the ambient music and the handwritting in the plan section, great to see people that really likes the details, in the first beta released I never thought I would like the mod but when I downloaded 0.98 (And now 0.99) I love the gameplay and things, its very a very impressive job man, keep it on. Some stuff I have spoted on it maybe it might come handy to you:

-When claimbing vertical stairs the hands go off the arms.

-when you start running crouched the chraracter first wakes up and then makes the crouch run animation, but when you stop running it directly goes crouched (So the problem is with the beggining).

-First mission, when I try to go up the pelican just dosnt takes off, same problem for the other pelican.

Im using the 0.99 version.

PD: You got my support in mission making.

Edited by LT. Drake Jackson

yeah man, in my formula, i use the briefing to tell the story. the plan part will always be the plan from a different character or other depending on who you talk to, and the notes section reveals other parts of the story that you can keep your mind on so the fighting doesn't seem so boring. this game is very limited and it can get boring so adding anime character briefings and ambient music really spruces it up.

now with the pelican the Q key warms up the engines and takes off just hold it. she's slow and big, so it takes time.

i recently finished mission 3 and i tried some new stuff like anime character pop ups during mission and revealing more of the story and adding some pistol battling to some jay z music, don't even trip its a good beat. i won't tell you which song yet, you'll have to play the mission. just gotta post editing and it'll be in the first post.

as far as the arms disconnecting on the marines at certain points thats because that animation is not finished being created. dunno dunke didn't finish that part. we need someone else to.

mission3-3.jpg

one major way you could help us out in the mission editing way is to download my briefing characters pack and analyze how i do what i do in the briefings i make. In the third mission there will be two character images talking to each other.

Edited by BronzeEagle

now with the pelican the Q key warms up the engines and takes off just hold it. she's slow and big, so it takes time.

Now the problem is that I do that, I have manned helicopters in OFP since a long time they are my favourite weapon... Always praying to be chosen as pilot in my clan hahaha, but for some reason the pelican (Wich uses the helicopter way of controls) never gets in the air, its like 15 minutes presing the Q key, even releasing and presing again to pull up but it does nothing, I mean it turns the engine on but it dosnt flyes up :P

one major way you could help us out in the mission editing way is to download my briefing characters pack and analyze how i do what i do in the briefings i make. In the third mission there will be two character images talking to each other.

Sure just need a link to download that pack, and well you are doing the history part, so the idea would be that you throw to me some basics about each mission for the briefings and whats the mission about and I will try to do my best.

i have no problem with the pelican on my side so i don't know what to tell ya, just hold q till it lifts off however long it takes and time it for me, but notice how high it is off the ground, the thrust has to reach that far in the ofp universe and the thrust getting to the ground then having the power to push you has to get incredibly hot from that height so keep that in mind, its not a space rocket.

Edited by BronzeEagle

im back and im still working on the 3148 campaign. its all going well so far just a few things in the story i need to tie up. i hope you still enjoy it. for instance i was planning on making some space marines using my scav-r rifle i made awhile back: my photo album

most of the screenshots are in the first few pages. I'm still working on the campaign and don't want to release too many pics but ill see what i can do. I'm still very hard at work on the campaign. I'm working with alot of anime images and i have to make a story out of them and the music im working with, and i have to make sure people know what to do when the mission comes on, etc. Very hard work, but its my passion, but yeah screenshots, maybe. I'll have to see what i can show and what i want you to discover when you play. I found out how to get images to pop up on the screen btw and im working with some new ideas like a "Press Esc to start" screen like a classic video game, etc. I have alot of ideas, but ill show some here in a few. Thank you for your interest, I'll try to keep it.

Edited by BronzeEagle

I was thinking about some screen shots of some of the toys in your mod. Probably the best way for people to take an interest.

now that im more grown and more mature since when flashpoint came out my focus is more away from entertainment and pleasure and more education and relaxation. i want to use flashpoint to educate and inform moreso than just kill some bad guys, finding out how to do that is on the backburner to more real matters like martial arts training, etc. I was hurt that the community didn't take well to my martial arts videos when i introduced them, they mainly insulted them and i was just offering them as a gift and i felt hurt by that and that hurt has caused me to have a lack of motivation to do anything flashpoint related and focus more on the real world which makes me more happy. I still come on from time to time to see what's new though. This isn't really a mod its just some addons for mission editors to play with and i was going to make a campaign for it but im only on like mission five right now. I thought about releasing packs of four missions a piece just to keep things fresh and new and i might do that, instead of keeping everyone waiting.

Edited by BronzeEagle

just wanted to let you guys know i am still working on the campaign and now i think i will turn this into a mod, but im not sure. anyhow im on mission 8 of the campaign, the story is very deep and its set in the future. i can't release too much but please know i am working hard almost everyday. life is going great so its all working out. please keep me and arif in your prayers and we are working hard to crank out this puppy as hopefully the best sci fi campaign ever made for ofp. ive been with the flashpoint community since the demo came out and I'm not about to leave now. I have something very special planned for you to play with and I hope you enjoy as I try to make this come to life.

working hard,

bronzeeagle

btw, this is just a campaign and some addons right now, if you'd like to help me make this a mod with a gui and a custom briefing pad that looks like a pda, etc. please message me and let me know because this is really good material im working with. i got anime character briefings and all types of stuff going on with this thing and im very happy with how its going and some more help with the mod side of things would be great but im working very hard and im very happy at it. thank you. please bear with us.

Edited by BronzeEagle

yes my boogie.

#jabbathehut

3148-1.jpg

3148-2.jpg

3148-3.jpg

3148-4.jpg

3148-5.jpg

Description:

Long into the future beyond the fourth world war Earth goes by its informal name of Terra Firma. A colony has long been established on Mars. Political parties of the past have been reduced to small military units as corporations and entire planetary governments take control. Space travel has been revolutionized with the jump gate. This is the world of 3148.

3148 SP CAMPAIGN MISSIONS 1-9 FIXED ****UPDATED 9/13/2011******

3148 MISSIONS 1-9 README:

now remember, 3148 is not compatible with any other mods except dma animations classic and patrol,

every other mod will not work with this campaign

to install:

go into your codemasters/operationflashpoint/Missions folder and create a

folder named 3148 if its not there already and place the new missions folders there.

required addons for 3148 campaign:

required addons for 3148 campaign:

3148 addons pack:

http://www.mediafire.com/?xlnxwbonyjt

gaw platform:

ftp://ftp.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons3/GAW_Platforms.rar

wanzer a

ftp://ftp.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/Wanzer%20A.zip

gigan wanzer pack 1.6

ftp://ftp.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/WanzerPack16.zip

civilian action pack:

ftp://ftp.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/PCcivipack1.zip

sjb weapons pack 1.1

ftp://ftp.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/SJB_WeaponsPack_v1.1.cab

challenger rt 440:

ftp://ftp.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/ChallengVP.zip

men in black:

ftp://ftp.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/Men_In_Black.zip

mechanic-audio80andgtm:

http://www.mediafire.com/?6z25jvs44uf8kz4

zenith wanzer:

ftp://ftp.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/Zenith%20Addon.zip

akirapack by bronze eagle:

http://www.mediafire.com/?fw1gw53h96gw7o7

sef ch53:

ftp://ftp.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/SEF_CH53_1.0.rar

sef misc:

ftp://ftp.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/SEF_Misc_1.0.rar

jam 3 v.3:

http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/file/JAM3;47501#Download

rfj mercs 1.0

ftp://ftp.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/UPDATE_mercsOFPbetaV.1.0.rar

grezex wanzer

ftp://ftp.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/Addon%20-%20Wanzer%20-%20Grezex.rar

p men custom face pack:

ftp://ftp.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/up0491.zip

City island by Shrademn'Yyhrs:

http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/file/City_island_by_ShrademnYyhrs;72797#Download

cell 7 millenium falcon:

ftp://ftp.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/MilleniumFalcon.zip

Edited by BronzeEagle

take your time, i'm moving onto the sequel.

Edited by BronzeEagle

updated to mission 9, ten and a sequel is in the works!!!!!

mission1notes.jpg

mission2notes.jpg

mission3notes.jpg

mission4notes.jpg

mission5notes.jpg

Edited by BronzeEagle

just so everyone knows i recently looked into the reports about the pelican not taking off on mission one and fixed it and even added an extra mission so its nine now. i hope you play this campaign mission by mission and enjoy.

Hi! I don't know if the mods dead or whatnot, but I gotta say I love the screenies and the mod details. Just a little problem, I can't seem to download from the links provided. The mediafire links works great, just that those ftp links keeps getting "interrupted" for some reason. It starts out fine, but when I downloaded around 600kb of the files, the download simply stops. Any suggestions?

if you could post for me which addons you're having a problem getting ill help you here.