Sign in to follow this  
PSYKO_nz

IED scripting?

hey guys im wondering if theres a way to set up an explosive script theat triggers off the action menu

ie, theres a gold ak on the ground (thanks to the ied pack lol) and wen you go up to it in your action menu "pick up gold ak" comes up, if you ignore it nothing happnes, how ever if you click "pick up gold ak" the bomb detinates (c 4 or somthing)

any body got a script or any ideas?

don't know off the top of my head how to script it yet (may play with this one for you though) but I can tell you how to go about it now.use a condition X unit has X item then on the activation run X IED script the condition should be something along the lines of hasweapon X forgot the exact syntax but ofpec comref will have it.

found it here ya go for a simple non MP solution just use a trigger and marker spawn a explosion at the marker and your good to go.

player hasWeapon "insert class name here"

Now there are other ways to do this but I thought I would throw out a quick one.

Cheer's ChefD

cheers mate, il give it a go, but im realy looking for a MP one, ill have a look at that one tho

the condition is still the key the main thing that is dif in mp is spawning the explosion.

Hope all this helps some

Cheer's ChefD

on gold ak:

this addaction ["Pick Up Gold AK","scripts\ied.sqf"];

in ied.sqf:

_ied = this select 0;

bomb= 'ARTY_Sh_81_HE' createVehicle (getPos _ied);

deleteobject _ied;

this will create the effect fo a 81mm mortar shell going off on the position of the AK.

thanks heaps bro, i cant get the script to work for some reason, it wouldnt work on the ak ied thing so i put a can next to it and used it for the option thing, any ideas??

---------- Post added at 02:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 AM ----------

Try this:

It's an IED script I picked up somewhere. Works really well :cool:

http://rapidshare.com/files/402471017/ied.rar.html

hey bro the link didnt work, it said it had used up its max, any ideas?