Sign in to follow this  
-EC-M.O.R

Customized Warfare, take a look

Hiho Arma2 Community !

First of all i wanna say thanks to some people:

-Bohemia for dev'ing this game, now i play 20 hours and only sleep 4 hours a day!!

- Benny from Hotshots for his awesome work on his BE-Lite-Warfare !!

-Mandoble for his Mando-Missile Script

-Protegimus for his wonderful Zeus AI Combat Skills & AI Spotting modular

As said above this Warfare is based on Benny's version, so now a short introduction of it :

Basically its the same, capture towns, get money and supplies, defeat the enemy team by townwin or base destruction..

Buildings:

Barracks, light factory, heavy factory, airfac( you need 8 towns to build it, so no rushing for bases)

Upgrades:

-3 stages for all factories, where you can build units, upgrades only need supplies and no money

-no fast travel but camp Insertion=you can respawn on a camp of a town that your team has captured, 3 stages for radius (lvl 0 = 500m , lvl1=1750m , lvl2= 4000m , lvl3 = whole map )

-paradrop vehicles = plane is dropping ambulance or tank for cash, 2 lvl

-off map artillery = you can order an artillery strike for money (white phosphor vs. infantry, High Explosive vs. inf and vehicles, Suppression arty is one minute with 100 arty rounds, and lgb-bomb )

-unit cam , so u can see through your uav and spot stuff

-squad size, you have to upgrade to lvl3 , then you can buy 16 units

Gameplay:

- the supply-value (SV) of towns is for example in stary sobor on 120/120 when you enter the town, so you have to pull it down completely, when you captured it, it is immediately on 120 for your team , so 120 dollar/minute and also 120 supplies/minute..that means you can upgrade your own army very quick "IF" you do teamwork, so you can have tank battles and pvp action early..

-Only human players can use slots, no ai in here..so if 2 people are on the server, then its only 2 people, no ai squads running around and capping towns

-gear is fully available from the start of the round, on barracks or in camps around town

-you can respawn on ambulance in range of 500m all the time

-MANDO MISSILE rocket system with new locking and firing system and countermeasures on air-stuff (thx mandoble for that awesome stuff, and thx dwarden for telling my server admin to put it in :) )

-you can rearm and repair your vehicle on every main depot of town, that your team already captured

-on these main depots you can buy unmanned civilian vehicles and a tractor, which is nice for attaching broken tanks on it, so you can get them to the depot and repair them

-ZEUS-AI script on the server and also signed key for client side, so ai is smarter, but they are not sniping with ak and act a lot better

-Auto-kick for people who do teamswap, so they can rejoin and pick their team again if they accidently misclicked, and ppl start complaining because they think they are a spy :)

Maybe i forgot some things,so i think you should try out by yourself.. : Gossamer's Warfare

I'm from Europe and i only play on an american server for me ping around 115 but thats no problem.Runs smooth, no lags, gets restarted every day..just put TGW in server filter. Its The Game Wardens, the dev's server...

Also a german server is running the current version : Frontschweine

If you are familiar with addons, here u can find a list with stuff, which is allowed on both servers: http://thegamewardens.com/index.php?topic=472.0

Theres is always an admin in there, so no worries about strange people ...

I just wanna say thanks again to the people i mentioned above, without them i won't have the base for my best gaming expierience ever !! And big thanks to gossamer, who was always open for our suggestions ..

Hope to see you in the field

M.O.R

Edited by [EC]M.O.R

Looks lik a lot of fun. To bad they don't have an ACE2 version available...

sorry that there hasn't been an ACE2 version yet, but we are pretty busy as it is. Soon Operation Arrowhead is going to be out and we'll have to maintain a non-OA and an OA/ArmA2 Version.

verry nice !

do you have also mando support in it ?

sure do!

It's been customized a bit as we do not use vanilla loadouts on some vehicles, but it's there and it works great!

Edited by GossamerS

IMO the best version of Warfare so far.

Also the performance of the TGW-server (newest version of the mission is always available there) is very good as M.O.R. described.

I play this on the frontschweine server like on a daily basis. The only problem with this warfare is its tendency to make one addictive to it. Mando changed everything - now you actually have a chance to survive with your well earned kamov or your usmc jets. Oh brother FLARE where have you been?

sure do!

It's been customized a bit as we do not use vanilla loadouts on some vehicles, but it's there and it works great!

may i ask how did you do that ?

i tried it without luck :(

may i ask how did you do that ?

i tried it without luck :(

the airvehicles are customized in a special script for warfare, and you also have to customize the huds in the mando missile folder..the kamov has for example the hud from the su34, so you can modify the weapon loadouts..

when you wanna customize for a single heli, like in a coop mission, you have to remove the stock launchers from heli, and give em new ones ...

for example for a hind_V multipurpose, which i changed to anti armor with ch29 :

_vehicle removeWeapon "YakB"; _vehicle removeWeapon "AT6Launcher"; _vehicle addMagazine "2Rnd_R73";

_vehicle addMagazine "250Rnd_30mmAP_2A42";

_vehicle addMagazine "4Rnd_Ch29";

_vehicle addWeapon "2A42";

_vehicle addWeapon "R73Launcher_2";

_vehicle addWeapon "Ch29Launcher"};

so i removed YakB , the AT6Launcher, added R73Launcher_2 with matching magazines, also for Ch29Launcher, BUT Ch29Launcher can only handle 4Rnd Magazine..su_ch29 launcher can handle 4 and 6 round, but if you want it in heli, you have to put the hud from jet into heli in the mando folders, and make it fit the stock hud of chopper,,goss did that..but its possible and works fine..but as listed above, thats how you change the custom loadout

NOOOOOOO! ;)

You should never change anything inside mando missile folder, user customizations should be placed outside that folder, and then, instead of executing the default MMA setup full, execute your own one which might be directly in your mission folder, or in another folder inside your mission, but never inside mando missile. Proceeding this way ensures that to move to a newer version of MMA will be as easy for you as replacing your mando missile folder by the new one, but if you modify the contents, then you will need to start comparing modifications here and there in a bunch of scripts.

Your own MMA customization might be just a copy/paste/rename of the MMA included setups and huds with your added weapons or configurations.

NOOOOOOO! ;)

You should never change anything inside mando missile folder, user customizations should be placed outside that folder, and then, instead of executing the default MMA setup full, execute your own one which might be directly in your mission folder, or in another folder inside your mission, but never inside mando missile. Proceeding this way ensures that to move to a newer version of MMA will be as easy for you as replacing your mando missile folder by the new one, but if you modify the contents, then you will need to start comparing modifications here and there in a bunch of scripts.

Your own MMA customization might be just a copy/paste/rename of the MMA included setups and huds with your added weapons or configurations.

it's a little late for that :p

I didn't even think of doing what you just said... ah gad. Maybe if your next version doesn't change too many things you can just send me which files you've changed?

It'd take hours to re-do the work we've done hahah.

M.O.R;1653080']the airvehicles are customized in a special script for warfare' date=' and you also have to customize the huds in the mando missile folder..the kamov has for example the hud from the su34, so you can modify the weapon loadouts..

when you wanna customize for a single heli, like in a coop mission, you have to remove the stock launchers from heli, and give em new ones ...

for example for a hind_V multipurpose, which i changed to anti armor with ch29 :

_vehicle removeWeapon "YakB"; _vehicle removeWeapon "AT6Launcher"; _vehicle addMagazine "2Rnd_R73";

_vehicle addWeapon "2A42";

_vehicle addWeapon "R73Launcher_2";

_vehicle addWeapon "Ch29Launcher"};

so i removed YakB , the AT6Launcher, added R73Launcher_2 with matching magazines, also for Ch29Launcher, BUT Ch29Launcher can only handle 4Rnd Magazine..su_ch29 launcher can handle 4 and 6 round, but if you want it in heli, you have to put the hud from jet into heli in the mando folders, and make it fit the stock hud of chopper,,goss did that..but its possible and works fine..but as listed above, thats how you change the custom loadout[/quote']

well ok , but i was meaning the support thing of mando missles ,that you can call in attack hellos and aicraift etc etc

well ok , but i was meaning the support thing of mando missles ,that you can call in attack hellos and aicraift etc etc

Haven't implemented that yet. I have to look into that.

UPDATE

Upcoming version 1.11 of Gossamer's Warfare will be the last version that supports ArmA II Only.

After version 1.11, Gossamer's Warfare will only have Operation Arrowhead and Combined Operations versions.

Closed at Gossamers' request.