Sign in to follow this  
Avandir

Radio procedures and how much I want to slap the creators of ArmaII missions

Seriously, if you're going to make a mission or campaign etc for ArmaII, do a little research.

When talking on the radio, you never say, "Over and Out." Stop this, please. If you do it or have done it, go play in traffic.

When talking on the radio the term, "Over" means. I am done talking. Now you may speak."

The term "Out" means. Stop. Freeze. This is the end of the conversation. If you say another word I will shoot you in the face.

So when you say, "Over and Out." You are really saying. "Ok, I'm done speaking, respond to what I said. But wait, I'd like to hear you speak but this is the end of the conversation. If you say another word, I will shoot you in the face."

When initiating a conversation, go by the format, "You, this is me. Over." Meaning if I'm a unit in the field and HQ is calling me this is what HQ will say. Keep in mind HQ is initiating the conversation.

"Phantom 1 this is HQ. Over."

"This is Phantom 1. Go ahead, over.

-Conversation.-

"Roger, this is Phantom 1. Out." Bam, HQ doesn't need to say another word. End of conversation.

Keep in mind, though. Every time a different person speaks you don't need to use the, "You this is me" format. You know who's talking. If someone new jumps into the conversation, use the format.

and what does this have to do with ADDONs?

and what does this have to do with ADDONs?

Hopefully someone that makes to make addons etc will read this be like, "Huh. Now I know. Thanks Avandir."

And your so important that you decided to make a new thread about this instead of posting it in the addon request thread?

Edited by Schancky

Hopefully someone that makes to make addons etc will read this be like, "Huh. Now I know. Thanks Avandir."

Again, it has NOTHING to do with addons... Addons != Missions...

Tell me how it can affect what your written above an addon? Or which type of addon might implement what the obvious statements above?

Well, something like this would be useful for mission editors. I think there was a thread for OFP that had information like this and links to various websites.

I didn't say I was the master.

Just throwing it out there. Just FYI.

This sounds like a Pet Peeve to me :)

Over...... and out :D

Indeed it is. I found it relevant because this game has been praised for it's realism. If you're going to take the time to try and add to this game atleast follow the procedures that the entity that your game is about has established.

I've made it even easier for people. Here's a Wiki link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Procedure_word

"Moderators, this is Big Dawg. Over."

"Mods here. Go ahead, over."

"Some guy just made a useless thread in the A2: A&M: D forum that should have been in the A2: ME&S forum. Over."

"Roger Big Dawg, we'll take care of it. Out"

"Moderators, this is Big Dawg. Over."

"Mods here. Go ahead, over."

"Some guy just made a useless thread in the A2: A&M: D forum that should have been in the A2: ME&S forum. Over."

"Roger Big Dawg, we'll take care of it. Out"

Atleast you did it correctly. Good job.

Indeed... well now I know. Thanks Avandir. :)

Hey, no problem bro. Have a good one.

If you have any questions about anything Army related don't hesitate to shoot me a PM.

Not all mission makers try to achieve "über-l33t-realism-correctradioprotocol" realism, some just like to make scenarios that are fun and playable. Offer your superior research capabilities to those who want to make superrealistic scenarios.

And imma end my post with "OVER AND OUT"! :shine:

I have to agree with the other posters mate, i think a) most of us knew this any way as a lot of us have operated radios or been involved in rl radio dialogue and b) it probably would have benefitted retooling and either putting in the missions section or in the addon request thread. Although unless you or someone else is going to make a radio comms addon that forces radio dialogue i really don't see why it would belong in here. My 2 cents.

In this section you may discuss the creation of an addon your either starting to create or that you seek help to get it done from fellow addon makers. This is not the place for telling addon makers how they should create their addons.

However if you do want it the way your asking then the addon request thread is the place as pointed out (see top sticky in this section). And please skip the attitude telling addon makers how it should be done as im sure that wont help getting them inspired.

Closing.