dmarkwick

DAC3 initialisation tutorial (for DAC beginners)

Thank you very much for this tutorial DMarkwick ( And of course Silola and BIS for the tools they provided to make this happen )

Yesterday I made my first mission with a “DAC zone†full of enemy infantry over Zargabad. I’ve played the mission a couple of times and its just awesome to play.

It’s a bit scary to go into the city because you know there are enemies but you don’t know where and exactly how many, and every time you play the mission they are somewhere else.

I just copy and paste the line ( null=[“z1â€,[1,0,0].............. ) and changed some numbers with the help of your guide, and now I have a mission I can play multiple times and is never the same, so thank you very much.

Thank you very much for this tutorial DMarkwick ( And of course Silola and BIS for the tools they provided to make this happen )

Yesterday I made my first mission with a “DAC zone†full of enemy infantry over Zargabad. I’ve played the mission a couple of times and its just awesome to play.

It’s a bit scary to go into the city because you know there are enemies but you don’t know where and exactly how many, and every time you play the mission they are somewhere else.

I just copy and paste the line ( null=[“z1â€,[1,0,0].............. ) and changed some numbers with the help of your guide, and now I have a mission I can play multiple times and is never the same, so thank you very much.

No problems, I'm glad it's helping people out.

One of the things I like to do is increase the randomisation even more, by randomising how many groups will spawn. So the code snippet:

[10,1,10,5]

will produce 10 patrols each time.

But if you change it with the random command to look like this:

[(ceil (random 10)+8),1,10,5]

Then you will get a random number of patrols, anything from 9 to 18.

One of the things I like to do is increase the randomisation even more, by randomising how many groups will spawn.

I just tried what you suggested and it worked. I started the mission two times, the first time the DAC initialization screen said 12 Patrols ( or something like that ) and the next time it was 20 Patrols ( have some unarmored cars also ).

Now I’ve to find a way to force myself not to look at the DAC initialization screen so I don’t know how many patrols there are. :whistle:

So, thanks again for the help

I started playing around with DAC3 yesterday, many thanks to Silola and DMarkWick. Thanks to the excellent documentation and this thread I was able to get some really nice things happening almost straight away.

One thing I really like is to use DAC to spawn civilian vehicles which drive around/between towns. It really adds to the immersion and makes towns feel more alive. It's much less CPU intensive and more effective than the ambient civilian vehicles module.

Next step is to move beyond the defaults and start defining my own units for islands like lingor.

Thanks again to all involved with this.

Hi!

I love DAC 3, but I'm having trouble playing with Russian Insurgents. (Unit config 6) They just kill each other at the start of the mission. My DAC trigger zone looks like this:

fun=["z1",[1,0,0],[20,3,50,8],[],[3,1,10,10],[],[0,6,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone;

For 20 groups of infantry, 3 tanks.

I also have a spawn camp which looks like this:

fun=["z1_1",[3,0,0],[],[],[],[1,2,50,0,100,50],[0,6,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone;

Everything else works great.

Anyone else has this problem or has a solution?

Hi!

I love DAC 3, but I'm having trouble playing with Russian Insurgents. (Unit config 6) They just kill each other at the start of the mission. My DAC trigger zone looks like this:

fun=["z1",[1,0,0],[20,3,50,8],[],[3,1,10,10],[],[0,6,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone;

For 20 groups of infantry, 3 tanks.

I also have a spawn camp which looks like this:

fun=["z1_1",[3,0,0],[],[],[],[1,2,50,0,100,50],[0,6,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone;

Everything else works great.

Anyone else has this problem or has a solution?

I think the problem there is that you're defining insurgents as Opfor, and there's a natural conflict. Try:

fun=["z1",[1,0,0],[20,3,50,8],[],[3,1,10,10],[],[2,6,2,0]] spawn DAC_Zone;

Edited by DMarkwick

I think the problem there is that you're defining insurgents as Opfor, and there's a natural conflict. Try:

fun=["z1",[1,0,0],[20,3,50,8],[],[3,1,10,10],[],[2,6,2,0]] spawn DAC_Zone;

Hi!

Thank you for your reply.

I figured out what was wrong thanks to your post! :) The readme says unit config 6 is "East" while it isn't, it's actually resistance.

So, unit config 2 is "east" (OPFOR) and unit config 6 is "insurgents". (Independent)

So it's just a simple miswriting in the readme I guess and they should swap places.

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

Btw, does anyone know if you can use modules on DAC-spawned squad leaders? I was foremost thinking of First Aid Modules.

Btw, does anyone know if you can use modules on DAC-spawned squad leaders? I was foremost thinking of First Aid Modules.

I use SLX and I see units give each other first aid, dragging bodies etc.

I use SLX and I see units give each other first aid, dragging bodies etc.

You sir, you are awesome.

Thank you, I will certainly try this out :)!

Wanted to ask something and got this:Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 461 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread. Im not going to start a new thread so I just ask here. This DAC thing seems very nice but the problem for me is that I prefer to place enemies on the map manually and not by some magical trick. But I do, however, enjoy those AI-(voice-) sounds and would very much like to use them. Is it possible to only have these AI-(voice-) sounds without any spawning of units? Sorry for clumsy English.

Please can someone help me? :(

My question is how do you make DAC work? How do you make the AI appear? Where do you have to script to make it happen?

I just dont understand any of this sorry if its so simple, I just cant get my head round it :')

If you don't understand the Readme/Manual/example missions or this guide it#s hard to help you. They are really very simple.

Edited by TeilX

@ Teilx, in my "English readme" file this is all what comes up "倥䙄ㄭ㌮┊î¢í㔊〠 ..........." thats all that comes up, theres about half a page full of it :') and on the mission it just places me on the map then lots of ai shows up, nothing telling me what to do ?

It is a normal PDF file/format. Adobe Acrobat helps. And in the example mission you can look what he add on the map and wrote into triggers.

Don't worry, if you get the readme working all your questions will be answered.^^

Edited by TeilX