Sign in to follow this  
guziczek101

new mod Iraq/Karbala looking for people?

We don't have contact with ofppl team. Anyway they (ottfime and ofppl team) probably don't give us they permission to use it ;) so it be what will be :p

And what weapons did you make?

It's a secret ;) but You get all answers in final release ;)

Edited by Bielow

@G44 - I'll sent you a PM

@Nimravus - because our mod will be total conversion mod, we can't use "external" addons - every part must be inside. That's why we're using Vilas' weapons, he gave us permission. Some OFPL stuff was released as open-source but not weapons (probably because some parts were given by non-OFPL authors). Vilas is also helping us with converting his ArmA/A2 models to OFP format, so after some changes (reducing polycount), we will be able to use them in OFP. And if you'll look through screenshots, you'll see one already made weapon that is our (OK, with Vilas textures :D).

Personally I think this mod will be something more than Karbala City Hall episode, with few extra addons we can convert it into "Ours" in Iraq, so .. ;) By the way guns made by vilas are very good too. There is plenty to choose from and AK comes in many 'flavors' heh ;)

Personally I think this mod will be something more than Karbala City Hall episode, with few extra addons we can convert it into "Ours" in Iraq, so .. ;) By the way guns made by vilas are very good too. There is plenty to choose from and AK comes in many 'flavors' heh ;)

Of course our mod won't be "only" siege of Karbala. To make this we'd only made 6-7 types of weapon, soldiers (PL, BUL, and as Sadr terrorists), 3-4 cars (Honker, Bulgarian BRDM and 2 pick-ups for rebels). But we want to include more stuff, that's why we've decided to postpone demo release date. If things will turn out good, in demo you'll see everything we wanted to have some time ago in our final release (minus campaign and Karabala center map). And we've never said that our "final release" will be definately "final" - we have some ideas of what could happen after 1.0 ;) But you'll have wait...

Vilas weapons are very good indeed, but we want to change textures, and it looks like that we'll be forced to do so, because Vilas said that he borrowed some textures (some parts of AK, that he used in almost every model) from other mod, and after release they decided to cancel Vilas' permission - that's why he decided to delete mirrors of this pack.

Sad news for everyone who was fan/supporter of our mod.

Last two weeks, thanks to storms over Poland, PCs of Bielow, Miho and mine (so "core" team of the mod) broke down. We lost almost all material we were working on - textures, models, text-files, and reference sources (official, non-secret instructions of Polish Army), not to mention O2 and Buldozer. We still have alpha versions of our addons (the ones you can see on screenshots), some objects for maps and music from Bielow and G44. Rest of the mod we need to make from scratch. Of course we don't surrender - we will fight to the end, just like Polish and Bulgarian soldiers in City Hall, but we're forced to postpone any releases from our mod.

Karbala 2004 Mod team

Sad news for everyone who was fan/supporter of our mod.

I believe that there still ARE fans/supporters of this mod :)

P.S. Powodzenia chłopaki i nie dajcie się!

I believe that there still ARE fans/supporters of this mod :)

P.S. Powodzenia chłopaki i nie dajcie się!

Nigdy siÄ™ nie damy, ot co! ;)

I know that they are fans of our mod, I just thought that this is normal construction in English for such occasions (I read this somewhere).

Nonetheless, we're doing our best!

So any news guys ;) I will send in this weekend a few new informations. How next progress ? Maybe few new screens from work :) ?

Guys have lost a lot of data so if they are still working on it they surely try to recycle some data or they do everything from scratches.

Hi!

Sorry for late answer but we're focusing more on the 'real thing' than on PR side of modding...

As Rożek said, we're still trying to 'recycle' lost data, now mainly textures and music (we thought that we have it, but it occurred to us that what we have is... noise, not music, something went bad during conversion?). We still trying to find all those military papers, especially instruction about Polish uniforms. It had a lot of great illustrations and pictures... But of course, we're also working on new stuff. Now we're focusing on weapons, we have two ideas of how we can make them, but we still can't decide (which results on, for ex. 2 AKMS in work). Also I'm doing 'reconnaissance' of Bulgarian military, and I gave first try to Bulgarian goggles (ok, made in US ;) ). Looks good, but still have to make proper textures.

We're full of ideas, the less we have, the more we want :D. So we're trying to cut on stuff - to be honest we're beginners, Bielow's main field are animations, while I'm good in mission editing and scripting. Other guys are helping with smaller things (mainly sounds and music, big thanks USMCSonic and G44! :) ), we have donations from other mods (WW4, LoBo - also big thanks!), Vilas is trying to help us with weapons as much as he can. But we really need help from the community, namely some talented 3D and 2D artists. Without it, we won't even have the 'minimum plan'. You must understand that we have very few free time, and Bielow is struggling with exams on university, while I started final year in high school, so I need to learn to 'matura' exam - I need to pass it before I'll go to university. Not to mention that I offered help to other mod, and for me it's something like question of honour.

I'm going to ask moderators to close this thread. Soon, when we'll have some new screenshots maybe, we'll open new one, where we're going to post informations more frequently (maybe some community member is willing to help with public relations? ;) ). In the mean time you can ask us by PM, e-mail or sometime check our website, I'll try to write something.

Greetings

Krzychuzokecia

karbala2004mod<at>gmail<dot>com

www.karbala2004.ubf.pl

Edited by krzychuzokecia
Mail and web adresses