Sign in to follow this  
Gollum1

"transport unload" problem.

So, this is the situation:

In my mission, you and your team (you are the leader) are being inserted into a town on Kolgujev by UH-60.

So I use the H(invisible) and a "Transport unload"-waypoint for the heli. The heli lands (while under fire) and I disembark (automatically), then it FLIES OFF with the rest of my team.

It barely touches the ground, just enough to kick me out, then it lifts off and flies around randomly.

If I tell my team to disembark, the heli touches the ground again and one of my guys disembarks, then it takes off again and my guys FALL out of the chopper. wow.gif

Okay, so I put "heli lockwp true" in the activation field.

Nope.

"heli setfuel 0"

Damn.

"heli land "land""

GAAH!

"get out" wp for me, then synchronize.

*puts gun to head*

Now I know why it doesn´t work. The wp doesn´t activate before everyone is out, so...

BTW, the heli has a "move" waypoint after the transport unload.

So my question is: How the hell do I get my heli to ELEGANTLY(no turning engines off) put my team down, then fly off?

This problem only happens when the player is the team leader.

It has happened to me before (boat) and in a downloaded mission (mi17).

Please help me, this mission has so much potential!

sad.gif

Have you tried to put unassignvehicle for the squad members?

No, how do I do that? And do I use it with a trigger...?

You don't need trigger.

Put this command into on activation line of unload waypoint :

"unassignveicle _x" foreach (units group player)

have you tried synchronizing the UH-60 transport unload WP with the infantrysquads get out WP?

Isn t it just possible to put a timeout in the waypoint ??

I thought it was !

Just time how long it takes to let them get all out and put that as timeout.

Don t know if that works, just a thought.

No, no, no! sad.gif

I said that the wp doesn´t activate before everyone is out, so it doesn´t matter what I put in the activation field.

And I tried synchronising, it was in my post.

And the unassignvehicle didn´t work with a trigger either.

When I used the "veicle" it said "unknown operator _x", and when I changed it to "vehicle" it didn´t do anything. confused.gif

Sorry for misspeling. It should be vehicle not veicle.

I tryed your situation and I don't know way how to solve it. Main problem is that YOU are commander so your soldiers gets out from heli only when you give them order to do that, but game doesn't allow you to order get out/in if you are in flying heli with them.

You can add another soldier to your group, with rank higher than yours, so he would be commnader and after disembarking heli (into activation line) put :

[soldierName] joingroup heli

so he quit from your group and you became commander. But problem is heli goes back for him. You can also join him to grpnull but then he will stay and do nothing.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gollum1 @ April 17 2002,14:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No, no, no! sad.gif

I said that the wp doesn´t activate before everyone is out, so it doesn´t matter what I put in the activation field.

And I tried synchronising, it was in my post.<span id='postcolor'>

Sorry about that.

What version do you run?

Perhaps it's a bug?

It's not a bug. transport unload and get out waypoints are activated after whole loaded group is out of vehicle.

It doesn´t work, nothing works! sad.gifsad.gif

Thanks for your help, but this mission will remain flawed...maybe I´ll have to do a para-insertion. Dammit.

Thx anyway.

Gollum1: do not give up yet. I used the "Unload" command and everyone jumped out of the chopper to their death. Yes, the "Unload Transport" command must be used.

Let me preface this by saying I am no expert. I have only been editing for about 2 weeks. I spent about 6 hours trying to figure out how to have a chopper land, have my units board, have the chopper fly to the lz, drop us out, and then fly away. I finally figured it out. It was a bitch.

First, do you have the on-line editing manuals?

Second, if you do, there is a command called "assignascargo"; look that up. Also, look at the Land command: heloname LAND["land"]--this is case sensitive; when I did heloname land["LAND"], it did something funky

Try this:

--assign your squad as cargo in the chopper's waypoint where the troops get in: squadname assignascargo choppername

where the squad boards the chopper; in the same waypoint, tell your chopper to land (use land command) NOTE: YOUR CHOPPER MAY BE ALREADY ON THE GROUND, IF SO IGNORE LAND COMMAND

--in the squad's waypoint, specify "GET IN" and "GET OUT" where they board and disembark

---in the waypoint where the chopper should land, tell your chopper to land (use land command), also include "Unload Transport" command

I found that if I did not specify/order the chopper to land, it would not eventhough I told it to LOAD cargo..etc

Nah, too complicated.

I made a para-insertion and it actually worked better than the landing (it takes so long to land on a H).

So, Operation Firebird is almost finished, and it´s going to be a

helluva mission...altough I have this big problem with my camera script...just JOKING! biggrin.gif

Thanks, people! smile.gif

I THINK I CAN SORT YOU OUT!

Right, the reason that chopper flies off and flies around randomly, is because it sees that there are enemies in the area that it needs to kill.

right?

So what you need to do is make the chopper not care about the enemies in the area by typing in its Initialization field:

this setbehaviour "CARELESS"

It will now do what you want it to do and not care about anything else.

biggrin.gif