Sign in to follow this  
BronzeEagle

flashpoint rpg ability

is there a way flashpoint could be more rpgish with like menus with maybe a face jpeg and then some typing and you make a choice on a menu and it changes what happens like rpg? has anything been done to this extent?

It's possible with scripting and dialogs. I started work on a kind of post-apocalyptic survival RPG, but never finished it. It had trading, inventory management, skills and leveling. But if you want to have a fairly deep story and lots of characters, you are going to have a lot of work ahead of you.

what id mainly like to see is your player able to interview people for information to increase the travel range during missions so you get to see more countryside. making use of the huge ofp maps is one of the ways to increase the fun.

Exactly, it was the same thing that came to my mind when I've read rpg-elements. ARMA2 elements like talking with civilians and gathering info would really spread game's experiences.

what im imagining is putting custom images inside dialogs with controls like an interactive metal gear solid type thing.

Edited by BronzeEagle