Sign in to follow this  
D00mbuggy

How realistic is this game to actual soldiers?

That's because you're supposed to lead your team and give them the orders they normally get from their AI leader :D

This ^^^

If you guys have issues with the current 1-9 command system you should try out a Voice activated command system.

But yeah if the AI issues are solved soon (caused by 1.05) then ill be happy.

Wish I (the leader) didnt have to babysit them as much, they should find cover and go into appropriate combat modes, supress, heal wounded and use typical tactics like fix and flank.

It's as real as you want it to be.

@OP - Playing Coop/Adversial with the right people and mods with an emphasis on realism, can provide you an immersive and believable experience.

ArmA is no simulation though, as it does not provide the required system depth to individual components. "Out of the box", it is a huge, open world, military sandbox game, offering a broad scope and possibilities. Managing your assets does feel awkward at times, but there are not many (remotely comparable) games offering this much options.

;1622975']As a former officer i say no real world conection at all...

Only thing i would recomend is leadershiptraining.

Maybe some logistics but other then that..Nope..

"doctrine, tactics, techniques, and procedures during squad and platoon offensive, defensive, and patrolling operations."

but id agree its far from immersive, and lacking so many things(not complaining)- it is afterall just a game

"doctrine, tactics, techniques, and procedures during squad and platoon offensive, defensive, and patrolling operations."

but id agree its far from immersive, and lacking so many things(not complaining)- it is afterall just a game

As a former officer, Andersson misses the paperwork.