Sign in to follow this  
jpinard

How many people here are using NVidia SLI?

Apparently, a lot of people found that Crysis' SLI profile worked very well with ArmA.

It and FEAR.exe did help daytime performance (back then), but night with NVG was about like having lightning strike your eyeballs.

Edited by SWAT_BigBear

I haven't SLI with ArmA 2, but with ARMA 1 it made almost zero difference (for an extra £400).

There are quite a few games that SLI really works well with, but I doubt if this is one of them given it's performance on ArmA1.

I tried all the tweaks at the time, none of them made any discernable difference.

You can really see the difference on games like Unreal and GRAW, but not ARmA. SLI is good with some titles and not others. ARMA is one of the "not others".

When I turn SLI off, my FPS is almost halved in ArmA 2.

Same here. It definitely does work, and I don't have to rename any .exes or what have you.

Same here. It definitely does work, and I don't have to rename any .exes or what have you.

SLI is entirely dependant on CPU power, you really need a newish 3.3Ghz+ CPU to drive 280/285s or higher (in SLI), otherwise you aren't going to see much of a difference (which you have I see :D )

Edited by BangTail

Bangtail - I looked at your system specs and wow. You have an insane rig.

Bangtail - I looked at your system specs and wow. You have an insane rig.

Tx so much :)

The UPS guy just dropped these off.

We'll see if Sandforce can put a dent in ArmA 2's streaming :D

dsc00063copy.jpg

Edited by BangTail

Tx so much :)

The UPS guy just dropped these off.

We'll see if Sandforce can put a dent in ArmA 2's streaming :D

Benchmarks, stat! :cool:

Benchmarks, stat! :cool:

I'll do that tomorrow bro :)

Knocking back a few cold ones this afternoon :D

I have a BFG 285 OC2 and just bought a BFG 285 OC off of ebay.....I was hoping to hear good things with Arma 2 and SLI by this time. I hope I have better game play with these two cards in SLI!!!

Been running SLI setups since 2005, but I'm not a fan of Quad SLI. Had 9800GX2 QSLI for 3 months, and the scaling was just terrible for lot of games. Not to mention the 295 has less than 900MB of effective VRAM... anyways, might as well sell your 295 and grab a single GTX480.

* Microstuddering is still an issue in Crossfire and SLI.

Microstutter happens to single cards as well.

http://futuremark.yougamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127164

I haven't SLI with ArmA 2, but with ARMA 1 it made almost zero difference (for an extra £400).

There are quite a few games that SLI really works well with, but I doubt if this is one of them given it's performance on ArmA1.

I tried all the tweaks at the time, none of them made any discernable difference.

You can really see the difference on games like Unreal and GRAW, but not ARmA. SLI is good with some titles and not others. ARMA is one of the "not others".

ArmA2 scales very well with SLI. The load balancing graph is almost completely filled.

Edited by Amuro