Sign in to follow this  
subfigura

automatic fire sound

The sound of automatic shooting is not audible more than on 10 metres!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The sound of automatic shooting is not audible more than on 10 metres!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least it is on my comp. Just tested with an M249 SAW gunner 150 meters away. Sound is delayed (speed of sound) but 100% audible.

M249 SAW used burst!

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

testing M4

FullAuto:

maxRange = 200;

aiRateOfFireDistance = 200;

aiRateOfFire = 0.070000;

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

i dont using sound mod

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

I hear shots through one on distance of 100 metres

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

If AI uses burst - all ok

m249 doesnt have a burst mode?

actually most machineguns have a hidden burst mode which the AI uses - otherwise they would just dump the whole magazine every time they engaged.

as for the sounds being gone or "in and out"... well that's the way its been for sometime, the game cant take too many sounds... the effect should be your loosing some hearing ect, but its just stupid loss of sounds cutting out when alot of gunfire and full autofire.. I.don't think they can ever fix it with there current sound engine...

Well, they supposedly revamped the sound engine for Operation Arrowhead, so we can only hope the issue with many sounds and some cutting out is fixed. :)

Well, they supposedly revamped the sound engine for Operation Arrowhead, so we can only hope the issue with many sounds and some cutting out is fixed. :)

I only believe that when they add this fix in one of the beta or official patches for Arma2. :)

They still not managed to get all the reloading animations back that people around you would see if you reload. :(

What they really should look into of ArmA and also AO I think is the graphics and sound engine. The sound engine of Arma2 as it is now is to tell the truth sh*t. Too many explosions or gunfire and you will hear a short crack then for a second nothing and after some of the sounds disappear you can hear again...:rolleyes:

Graphics engine is okay but it needs improvements in the perfomance and physics department.

The sound cutting offs happened to me twice in one hour. I think with Beta 10700 it happens more often than with 1.05. BTW I use Win7 32bit and a SB Audigy 2ZS.

Edited by Curry