Sign in to follow this  
stk2008

Dedicated server GUI

Hi all I have done some looking and found nothing.

Im after setting up a dedicated server for ACE2 so me and my friends can play but this scripting stuff is just beyond tbh.

Now is there a dedicated server GUI I can set what map,mods etc then launce that?.

If not I think it would be a great little tool we may even find more people will run servers?.

any ways please advise cheers.

ummmm tried that and for some reason I can see me on lan in amra but when i press connect i get wait for server for ages and me hard drive is going nuts but nothing ever happens?.

If you are running on your own computer you can start up the game with the mods you want then choose the host option

If you are using a dedicated from your own computer you might want to connect using this computer's network IP.

In both cases i belive you need to open the ports used by the game in your router or/and firewall

I am tryint to host and play from same pc using the dedi server gui but i have no luck.

I have opened port 2302 in me router both and can only ever see me server in the LAN section.

all so it never loads any ways i get a wait for host and thats it apart from me hard drive going crazy as hell.

Hmm.. never had that problem. Sorry i dont use the server gui myself :(

try going to your start menu, write <cmd> then in the new window type <ipconfig>. youll get a ip adress for your own pc. Then ingame you connect to remote by typing in the ip for your own computer :)

Im not sure if your trying to connect to LAN or internet ? are your buddies in the same network as you(LAN) or internet ?

Edited by cri74

Hi there thanks for trying to help.

I am hosting and trying to play from same machine after creating a server using this server GUI tool.

I cant see my server on internet only LAN so there for i all so think my friends wont see it.

I have opened the ports in me router ports 2302.

I can see my server only in LAN section and even when I connect I get a wait for host and my hard drive is going crazy but nothing ever happens.

cheers

Could this be because both your copy and the server are using the same ports ?

Try changing the port on the server ?

I thought amra had to use a specific port to work?.

So I should change the port to another one in the arma dedicated server GUI and the open that one in me router then try it?.

I used -port=2305 in the server parameter when I used FireDaemon for a dedi.

Had no probs connecting from same pc.

Hi im having no luck here I have changed port still nothing.

I wont worry aout it for now I suppose I will have to learn the server config giles hehe.