Sign in to follow this  
-=RA=- DarkMan -Pvt-

Description.ext - aaarrrgggghh!

HI!

I've gone and done something really really dumb! I've changed the application to handle .ext files to Notepad in Folder Options (Windows XP Home) - and now OpFlash won't recognise them when I export my missions - I've tried reverting but it doesn't seem to do anything...how can I get them to work again?...now the description.ext files of the maps I'm making aren't loaded!

Please help - I'm desperate!

DarkMan

Hm... That sounds odd... I have my ext, sqs and sqm linked to notepad, its working fine. OFP shouldnt care about such settings in windows anyway. Just make sure it isnt a hidden .ext.txt. Maybe try and linking it to something else, like wordpad? Or EditPlus (downloadable, much better text editor, just search)?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hm... That sounds odd... I have my ext, sqs and sqm linked to notepad, its working fine. OFP shouldnt care about such settings in windows anyway. <span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, same for me here. confused.gif

I'm not sure about XP, but there should be a menu in the control panel or in the explorer options for file types. You will find options where you can click and choose options like "Do not display file Exentions" There should also be a tab for registering files, delete the program registry for EXT files, the files should go back to the paper with windows logo and not load wordpad any more

If your system is hiding the extensions ( like .txt, .exe.. ),

could it be possible that your system has changed the

description.ext to description.ext.txt?