You and your fellow soldiers in mechanized infantry platoon must stop

invading Americans.

- infantry combat, with little tank support

- little over 50 soldiers

- 99% ready

- mission file size: 90K

- no addons or mods, OFP v1.3

EDIT----------------------------------------------

Link to the .zip file is in the last post.

Fun mission biggrin.gif

I kept getting killed by the sniper at the far end of the beach, but I just took the dragonov of the the dead sniper, shot the US sniper and retreated back to one of sand dunes behind our lines sniping people.

More soldiers start to run up and the squad leader died, so I jumped into the gunner position of the bmp and started getting trigger happy smile.gif , After that I ruled the beach with my bmp and left over soldiers.

The friendly tanks seemed to run into the mines, all but one tank was left over. But other than that It seemed easy with the bmp, but good job, enjoyable.

Slight lag on my PIII 800 128 RAM when the fastforward kicked in and some of the autosaves, but I think this may be due to Windows ME mem leak.

Nice job wink.gif

Well thank you very much..

Now maybe somebody would like to give negative feedback?

confused.gif

hehe...well the outro thing, circling camera wasn't to good, nor was the camera scene during the bmp ride. But the one where everyone is standing to attention is good.

I was reading through the posts and the person with windows ME and 128 megs of RAM, you need more RAM. I'm sure you have a great computer but I'm sure $25 USD or $40 CAN could add a 30%-45% increase to your computer. Your operating system probably takes almost half your RAM. As for the mission, congratulations on a campagin worthy mission.

Mission was fun, but needs work. Camera scripting is choppy. Don't like the fast forward stuff. Some kind of lag or something due to fastforward becuase when I got to the beace the voices would sound liek they were being fast forwarded on and off. Anyone experience this? Also, I could not get mission to end. Looked all over for badguys that I might have missed.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Mission was fun, but needs work<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Don't like the fast forward stuff<span id='postcolor'>

Good that you pointed that out. I was thinking whether

to do it or not, but I thought that the long ride to

beach can be boring..

Maybe I'll leave it out.. or put an option to it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also, I could not get mission to end<span id='postcolor'>

Oh man.. That part needs some work, too..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">well the outro thing, circling camera wasn't to good<span id='postcolor'>

That is done with trigger's "effect", so it can't be good.

I'm going to put an outro ASAP..

Well thank you all for the feedback, I'll work with this a little

more, and then inform you.

I really appreciate your help. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (knightlite @ April 15 2002,16:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I was reading through the posts and the person with windows ME and 128 megs of RAM, you need more RAM. I'm sure you have a great computer but I'm sure $25 USD or $40 CAN could add a 30%-45% increase to your computer. Your operating system probably takes almost half your RAM. As for the mission, congratulations on a campagin worthy mission.<span id='postcolor'>

That would be me, as soon as I get a job the first thing I'm gonna buy is a completely new computer biggrin.gif

Probably need it to run the Resistance exansion pack wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Good that you pointed that out. I was thinking whether

to do it or not, but I thought that the long ride to

beach can be boring..

Maybe I'll leave it out.. or put an option to it.<span id='postcolor'>

After a while use black screen, move BVP near beach (setunitpos),shift time (skiptime), then turn screen back from black.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">After a while use black screen, move BVP near beach (setunitpos),shift time (skiptime), then turn screen back from black.<span id='postcolor'>

That's a nice idea. Thanks.. smile.gif

I corrected things that popped up here:

- removed the fastforward script and removed it with Bart.Jan's suggestion, thanks.

- mission didn't always end: fixed

- synchronisation with tanks when clearing beach was irritating: fixed

- added simple outro

- grenades landing near you sound different than ones landing further away..

- added some little things..

EDIT-------------------------------------------------------------------------

corrected mission is here.

Depbo:ed files, and all missions I will make in future will be placed here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The mission is pretty much ready now, I think.

I'm planning to send it to OFPEC, has anyone experience of that?

If someone plays this newer version, I would like to know:

- is the mission too difficult?

- if it is, can you tell which part is too hard?

- is there much lag?

- is there new bugs? sad.gif

Thanks for everyone for your help!

Ok, I'm done with this mission.

Final version is here.

Thanks for everyone for your help!

Well, I think that I will add some speech to the mission..

By RhetoricVoice or whatever, voices won't be very good,

but I think that I will put that upload sound version on Monday.

The mission itself is pretty much done.