Sign in to follow this  
SGT. Armstrong

What the hell is ofp lost independance

I am dying to know what Lost Independance is about!! someone must have an idea what it is and please tell me!

1. Got a question? Check Avon's FAQ

2. And please don't say things like "what the hell". Doesn't sound very nice wink.gif

I think IL has well and truly been shelved until after Resistance is out.

In fact, I wouldnt be surprised if it has been shelved permanently.

I tend to agree with Fubar on this. My personal option is that IL was announced way too early and Resistance will definitely play a role, If Resistance doesn't sell IL will never see the light of day.

lol ........ or maybe ...........

the game is developped by bis australia (really) ..... and on day a killer kangaroo went in the bis building and killed everybody ............ it could be the plot for operation flashpoint 2

BBBWWWWWWWWWWWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Ah yes. Oh and aren't those your childrens mutilated body's lying in my Dingo Pen mate?. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ April 14 2002,11:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">lol ........ or maybe ...........

the game is developped by bis australia (really) ..... and on day a killer kangaroo went in the bis building and killed everybody ............ it could be the plot for operation flashpoint 2

BBBWWWWWWWWWWWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH<span id='postcolor'>

-_- no comment

*add to the future topic "is flashpoint going to make u mad"*

^^'

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SGT. Armstrong @ April 14 2002,11:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I am dying to know what Lost Independance is about!! someone must have an idea what it is and please tell me!<span id='postcolor'>

Again with the exclamation points. Armstrong, I intend to hound you about this until you correct your evil, misusing punctuation ways

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ April 14 2002,15:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think IL has well and truly been shelved until after Resistance is out.

In fact, I wouldnt be surprised if it has been shelved permanently.<span id='postcolor'>

And you believe this because...? I just get really irritated when someone makes such a statement when they can't possibly know what the situation is. I have not seen anything that would indicate it will be shelved...care to explain why you think this way?

Because all of BISs statements recently have been about Resistance, IL has basically never been mentioned. Also, the IL site has not been updated or modified for a long time.

P.S. You'll notice the phrase "I think" in my post, meaning that it is a personal opinion, not an irrefutable fact.  smile.gif  So sorry to annoy you with my opinion, from now on I'll try to conform with your way of thinking, and never give an opinion unless I have 6 pages of facts to back it up. Also, if it's such an outrageous conclusion, maybe BIS would care to correct me?

I know it's an opinion, but I don't see enough information around to arrive at it. Why would they be talking about IL right now when the Resistance expansion is coming out so soon? Of course they are going to be more concerned with it. IL lost won't be coming for some time, just because they don't update the site for it doesn't mean it's not being developed as we speak. And as we all know.....lots of games are pushed back for months, that's nothing new.

o·pin·ion Pronunciation Key (-pnyn) A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof: “The world is not run by thought, nor by imagination, but by opinion†(Elizabeth Drew).

You have every right to question my opinions, but don't ever try to tell me I shouldn't have them. smile.gif

I don't normally get into a silly thing like this, but like any obsessed OFP gamer, I feel like slapping anyone who says IL won't come. You know how it is;)

Hell, I want any more addons BIS are going to release, especially IL since it includes Australian armed forces. I really hope it does come out, but I just have a feeling it won't. BIS seem awfully distracted by Resistance and VBS, I think these are their two top priority projects.

Tell you what, if I'm wrong and it does come out I'll be the first to admit I was totally wrong.

I have a feeling it won't come out in 2002, probably late 2003, maybe by mid year if the project is underway.  But then again with BIS being so tight lipped about IL, there is the possiblity of it being shelved for some time.  And the website when it came out had more info on it that it does now, so who knows what's happening with it. I do wish there would be some report or update on IL.

-=Die Alive=-