Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

ArmA Coding Environment Tool

In my spare time Ive started programming a text editor directed specifically at coding for ArmA. It provides a nice editor with some special features:

(Found in other editors)

- full syntax highlighting for cpp, h, rvmat and cfg files.

- collapsable classes (makes lines between {} hidden for faster editing)

- line numbers

(Not found in other editors. Sofar:)

- Class explorer, basically makes a list of all classes in the file (with proper hirarchy) where if you click on a certain class it jumps to it in the editor making navigating in large files easier and tracking inheritance easier also.

- Quick search integrated into the main interface (not floating menu but a panel next to the editor)

(Planned):

- Open (un/binarized) files from within the pbo.

- Open rapified files (.bin, encoded .rvmat, possibly alble to load binarized .p3d's and extract their model.cfg straight into the editor)

- Multitab

- Snippets (common classes, link to the rvmat templates that Ive started compiling, comments)

- Comment/Uncomment blocks

- Possible SQF/SQS ??

Screens will follow.

What I wanted to know is if anyone here had their own wishes to be included in such a tool.

OUTf'nSTANDING! :)

Here's a stupid one... something to check to make sure there are appropriate } and ; in sqf? Maybe not even all of them, but just something to keep me from doing a bunch of edits, pbo'ing them, then getting messages that I did something stupid like that.

Oh, and something that i0n0s has in his NP++ plugin that I like is that if there's a variable selected, the ability to hit something and have it insert in the next line something like:

diag_log text format ["_varName %1", _varName]; 

Good luck!

Looks great so far. :D Please do include auto-completion features (if/when you get around to it :)) and definitely support for SQF/SQS (then I'd never have to leave the program ;)). If you could also apply the CPP syntax rules to .ext files (i.e. Description.ext) that'd be great!

Will be following this with great interest :)

Looks good Soul_Assassin. keep up the good work,

an idea. add in some function for dialog making pherhaps.

Awesome SA!

What I'd love to see also is a class explorer of a slightly different nature;

- Allows you to background load/point-to a downloaded default BIS "all-classes" CPP file (ie from Dev-Heaven)

- Allows you to search/select a class from within that BIS default "all" cpp

- From this you can either a) copy the class (whole or line by line) and/or b) compare-text to your own class within your own cpp

This would be great for people who want to quickly kick-start their own cpp

hmm seems a bit redundat since you will be able to download the cpp urself from the DH site and open it and use the already built explorer to find the class ur looking for and copy it.

The thing is that any more complex and I'll have to build an interpriter ( a peice of software that actually UNDERSTANDS the stuff ur trying to code and thats pretty hard :s

seems a bit redundat since you will be able to download the cpp urself from the DH site and open it and use the already built explorer to find the class ur looking for and copy it.

Well ..... your topic title was "Coding Environment Tool" :p

1 environment = 1 tool

the class explorer is in my tool :) all u have to do is download the cpp from dh urself :p

But what I'm suggesting is more of a "master" class (explorer) reference, that also allows a directly compare it to your "working" cpp / classes.

Better again, if the "class explorer" shows inheritance.

i.e. if you select "Plane" class, it will show you every parameter defined in "plane" AND can (as a display option) show you every inherited parameter that goes unmentioned in "plane".

i.e. shows unmentioned from class "Air" and also "AllVehicles" etc etc